PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18779 03/19/03 10:47 PM
bright eyes Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS!

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18780 03/20/03 12:18 AM
Roxie Offline
They are in my prayers and thoughts.... God Bless the USA!

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18781 03/20/03 01:14 AM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
may they all safely get through this

good friends mean good times
Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18782 03/20/03 02:06 AM
B
Bud Schrader Offline
Wacko
Wacko
B
We had special Prayer in Church tonight, and continue to Pray.

Bud
Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18783 03/20/03 06:09 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Heard the news on the way back home from the Reservation tonight. Have been praying for them all and will continue to do so. Don't forget to pray for our President too.

dale

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18784 03/20/03 10:43 AM
silverfox51 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Have been since last night. Pray also for the, and I use the term loosely, people who sent them that they may somehow find their sanity and put an end to this. (And I will probably be crucified for that statement).

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18785 03/20/03 02:06 PM
J
Janet Offline
J
The beauty of our country is that you can have an opinion and voice it without fear of having your tounge ripped out. As a military wife, I have had family members serving in Vietnam, the Guld War, and now this. My prayer is that the operation's objective is completed with the fewest number of lives lost and that our sailors, marines, and soldiers return home soon. May God bless the United States, the President, and all of us.

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18786 03/20/03 02:19 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Janet, I think you said it all. I thank you for your wonderful words. Our family is praying for our troops, that they ALL come back home to their families safe and sound, for the families of our military men and women as they pray and hope for the safe return of their loved ones, our president for the tough decisions he is facing and our people that we may all be united, regardless of opinions, so that our troops don't go through what our Vietnam Veterans did! GOD BLESS AMERICA! GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

And welcome to the forums Janet, You're off to a good start in my book!!!

Bert

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18787 03/20/03 02:38 PM
Bill Harnsberger Offline
You won't be crucified by me, Silverfox. I'm one of those wacky agnostics. So...a secular comment:

Now that it's begun, I hope our troops turn the Iraqi bastards into mincemeat. Fast. With minimal casualties. Go get 'em. They (the Iraqi leadership and military units that choose to fight us) deserve to fry.

As a citizen of the world, I am very disappointed with the heel-dragging and stalling by the United Nations. They had every ability to be tough as nails on Saddam. They chose the route of placid beaurocracy. They did not do their job. Now they face irrelevancy.

As a citizen of America, I am disappointed with the ham-handed, bullier-than-thou "diplomacy" on the part of the Bush administration. World leaders must be wooed, be made to feel important, and believe that their opinions matter. Our leaders chose insults and ultimatums, and we stand virtually alone as we wage our attack. Further, they used 'evidence' that was either patently false or purposefully doctored in making their case for attack. What does that do for our credibility?

Bottom line: Everything has been botched. We blew it. The UN blew it. Saddam blew it just by being born. And now our sons and daughters, husbands and wives, friends and loved ones, are on the front lines trying to untangle the mess (interesting that only ONE of our 535 congressmen...Sen. Johnson of South Dakota...has an enlisted son or daughter in the armed forces). We can be confident that they, at least, will not blow it.

This attack will not "cure" us of terrorism. It will not prevent the rise of future despots. So, for now, all we can do is hope that our men and women in uniform kick ass...and keep kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking until the lunatics are gone. Superior training, instincts, leadership and, yes, firepower will see them through.

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18788 03/20/03 02:52 PM
Bob48 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
My wife and I were both in the USAF during the last Iraq war. My brother is a Vietnam veteran (Navy). Both of our fathers served in the Army in WWII (mine in Iran). Her grand father was a doughboy in WWI. My father's brother is buried in France, he was killed a month short of the armistice. My great grandfather and his twin brother were both Confederate soldiers. My great great grandfather was a colonel in the War of 1812. Many other descendents were in the Civil War and the Revolutionary War. Our families have a long history of service to our nation and great pride in having done our part to maintain our nation's freedom. We have paid the sacrifice so that others have the right to protest our government's actions. We reserve the right to laugh at and deride them. We now have many former acquaitences and service mates who are now going into harm's way. Throughout our nation's history God has provided comfort and guidance to our leaders, from the Founding Fathers to President Bush. Our prayers go with the troops as always, to do what is right and to return home safely. Amen

Bob, just plain Bob
Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18789 03/23/03 07:58 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
They need our prayers more than ever. Today is not a very good day for our troops. Like it or not, they need our support!!!

GOD BE WITH THEM! GOD BLESS THE USA!

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18790 03/23/03 09:10 PM
bright eyes Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Pray that all of our soldiers have their guardian angels with them!

Re: PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS! #18791 03/23/03 09:59 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
God bless the USA, President Bush for his convictions and out troops for continuing to support our country and freedoms. God will continue to bestow his blessing on us.

Rich

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,148 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users