Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187736 09/04/05 11:09 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
While things are still fresh in your minds how about a list of all the reunion goodies, the free gifts, and the auctions.

Any thing unusal? Any rare AP's or California molds given or auctioned away?

What were all the lighthouses that were at the table?

DANIEL
Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187737 09/04/05 11:46 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I've got notes on some of those things, Daniel... Will try to get something posted tomorrow.

Here's a list of the Harbour Lights:

Thumbnails:
Old Mackinac Point (blue pouch)
Waugoshance (purple pouch)
St. Helena (red pouch)
Round Island (black pouch)

And in an altoids type tin:
Spectacle Reef
White Shoal
Poe Reef
Gray's Reef
14 Foot Shoal

Yep! NINE Thumbnails!!

Miniature:
Waugoshance in disrepair
Not as it appears today, but when the metal sheeting was falling off

Dinner at the Lighthouse:
Round Island (based on the Little Light, but different)

Exclusive:
Waugoshance in all it's glory
White and red stripe, just beautiful

Reunion Bonus:
Cheboygan Crib

This is the one that was created at the reunion by Rick and Christiane Hayle of England. The one-off piece they made was auctioned Thursday.
Anyone who wanted to at the reunion could add their touch to the piece (make some waves, make some grass)

Then we got to order them @ $45 for delivery later this year.

There will later be a 'Collectors Society' version without some of the neat touches.

I have photos and will post them tomorrow.

At the dinner tables Monday evening, each table had a 'display' of some modern HLs and one or more from the 'archives'. Our table had a Burrows Island OR (The error.) Won by Bob Scroope. I took home the St. Clair Channel set.

Each table had at least one great piece.

Thanks for the correction to my list, Bright Eyes. As you can tell, I haven't unpacked yet. smile

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187738 09/05/05 12:12 AM
bright eyes Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
No. 9 Thumbnail:
Round Island (black pouch)

Also:
Dinner at the lighthouse:

Round Island different from the LLOM

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187739 09/05/05 01:10 AM
Jenifer Selwa Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I've been following all the postings as I've had time the last 10 days or so in between unpacking boxes, feeding the little eating machine (my new baby, whos' gained 2 pounds in three weeks!!!), and trying to fix my computer - snap, crackle, pop, and the power supply blew and took the mother board with it...UGH...so I'm working off a new system and trying to get my hard drives transferred over...

Paul, your photos and narratives have been incredible. I about cried, I wanted to go to this Reunion so bad! Timing was just bad for me with the new baby and moving into our brand new home.

Anyhow, on this question that Daniel posted: Does anyone know how my prints did in the auction or where they were used? I donated 8 different matted Michigan prints and was curious on their outcome and people's reaction.

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187740 09/05/05 01:34 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Jen your beautiful photos drew lots of praise from Kim and 'oohhs and aahhs' from those who saw them up close. They were given away in the chance drawings.

Here's the Reunion Exclusive Waugoshance:

And here's the unexpected second exclusive, Cheboygan Crib Light -- created at the reunion:

The sign reads "2005 Collectors Family Reunion". The name on the boat is "Felicity", the name of Rick & Christiane's daughter who is expecting.

I'll post some photos of this piece being developed and created over the course of the reunion in the next few days.

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187741 09/05/05 02:31 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The whole experience was wonderful, this was my first reunion.

In the Goodies bag & registration packets we got a Reunion log pin, a HL mouse pad picturing Waugoshance, a white reunion t-shirt with Round Is., reunion logo on the left front as it was the reunion logo light, and Spectacle Reef, White Shoal, Poe Reef, Gray's Reef, & 14 Foot Shoal on the back. All the lights were in a black print, like a pen & ink drawing. However, White Shoal was larger & centered between the other 4 and the stripes were in red. We also received a choice between 2 different travel coffee mugs (red or green). Also included in the bag were: a sample of fudge from the area, 2 Harbour Lights ink pens, and an abundance of literature, (Summer 2004 edition of Keepers Log with the aerial photo of Seul Croix, The Beacon the GLLKA publication, a booklet with names, addresses emails of all the participants, a locator map of the lighthouses of the Great Lakes, a MI state map, a coaster from Mission Point Resort, newsletters & brochures from various clubs & organizations, etc.) and some lighthouse stamps from John. I bet I had 5 lbs. alone in paper to bring home!

One night the gift placed on our pillows was a set of 11 postcards with pictures of all the lights we saw while on the boat trips.

Dave had a store setup where participants could purchase additional goodie bag items, and other shirt types, fleece jackets etc with the reunion logo.

As far as the auctions were concerned I only remember the price of one item as I had to leave, the master mold of the never produced Edmund Fitzgerald with the rather large print of the ship sold for $2100.00. There were several approved paint masters that were auctioned, a Reunion sign, a 1st mold of Cape Hatteras were auctioned off, but there was so much...and I don't have my pictures back from being developed as yet.

Some of the opportunity drawing winners won a mold 2 of Cape Hatteras, and a never produced piece - a smaller version of Eddystone, bolts from Cape May, some recipe boxes, several different lighthouse print handbags, and Jennifer's prints were in the opportunity drawings. I remember Kim having the greatest praise of the prints, how talented she was, etc.

During the reunion we had the opportunity to paint an ornament of White Shoals, and 20 lucky people had the opportunity to "build a Harbour Light". Harry brought 20 sets of the Hilton Head Rear range light, unpainted and unassembled for folks to try their hand at putting it together. The skeletal tower was a challenge as there were NO tools to try and put in the cross bars near the top of the tower, just some improvision with a set of nail clippers with a nail file that someone one had brought:D

Harry and Rick had a wonderful presentation on how a HL is made, and 3 lucky folks from each of the 2 sessions got to cast a piece and take it home. I don't know about the first session, but the 2nd session was standing room only!!

Melody
Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187742 09/05/05 03:39 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint

A little visual proof to support Melody's statement of standing room only at Harry's second Seminar.. They were spilling out into the hallway!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187743 09/05/05 04:32 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
The goodie bag also included a yellow plastic rain poncho with the reunion logo printed all over it. Also a fold-open "Locator Map" of "Lighthouses of the Great Lakes" by GLLKA and boston mill press.

The goodie bag itself was quite nice and uniquely zipped up into a small flat size for storage empty. It had the reunion artwork in white on the end of the black bag.

Here are more pictures of the Harbour Lights items from the 2005 Collectors Family Reunion:

Waugoshance Mini:

The metal sheathing is falling off.

Anyone have a higher number than 437?

Dinner at the Lighthouse (Round Island):

Eight of the Nine Thumbnails:

Five of the thumbnails came in this tin:

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187744 09/05/05 05:11 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hey, I LIKE the cover of that tin!!

John, just keep saying to yourself. "Poe Reef is my favorite ever lighthouse!!!!" wink

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187745 09/05/05 05:19 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Everyone loved your artwork, Digger. You were missed, my friend. laugh

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187746 09/06/05 12:17 PM
Kat Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Wow...Huge Kudo's to Dave Hannum, his wonderful wife Sue, and their lovely daughter Heather for all of the hard work in putting together a terrific Reunion. And also to Mike and Patty Keiser, you guys did a fantastic job and enough can't be said about how you kept your cool when the registration lines were flowing out the Mission Pointe lobby doors. With this being your first big event like this you all did an awesome job. And thanks to anyone who helped put things together, sign people up to the port or starboard crew, etc., etc... The goody bag and reunion exclusives were terrific but seeing old friends from NELL, TAMPA BAY, WILD, GLLKA, etc. was the tops. We had an awesome time and want to thank everyone who had any part in making it GREAT!!!
THANK YOU ALL
And thanks to Harbour Lights for all the magnificent pieces........the thumbnails WOW!

Kat and Larry Waterson

Now those who had been to 4 reunions got gold coins....is that the magic number....4 Reunions and your a graduate....a real HL WACKO?? You know, freshman, sophmore, junior, senior!!!!!!!!!! Well anyway...THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!

KAT {=*+*=}
Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187747 09/06/05 03:37 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Here are images of the coin presented to those who have attended all four of the Collector Family Reunions:

One and one-half inches in diameter.

And here is the personalized name badge. We also had a red or green neck banded document carrier with name and a wrist band in green or red showing whether we were port or starboard.

Approx. 2.5" x 2"

More from the goodie bag:

Booklet with attendees names and addresses and a nice 28 page booklet on "Lighting the Straits" by Terry Pepper with Digger's illustrations on the front (see the thumbnail tin above.)

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187748 09/06/05 07:10 PM
Kat Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Also, along with the gold coins were beautiful silver coins presented to those who were table hosts the first evening. The table hosts were to keep the conversation going and make sure everyone was introduced at their table. This was a fun idea and it forced us to get to know some new faces.

KAT {=*+*=}
Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187749 09/06/05 08:31 PM
Kaiz Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Daniel,
There were 44 tables, I believe and each had an older HL as part of the centerpiece giveaways. The already mentioned Burrows Mismarked, Canadian Burrows Wa., Admiralty Head, W Quoddy, Sandy Hook, Old Pt. Loma, 2-3 North Heads, Umpqua River, Cape Blanco, 2 Ft. Niagara's, Great Captain, St. George's, Castle Hill, Boston Harbor, Cana Island, Marblehead, 2 Buffalo's, 2 blue/green Michigan City's, Split Rock, Nauset, Whaleback, Portland Breakwater, Minot's, Ocracoke, Ponce Paint Sample, Old Mack Paint Sample, Grosse Pt. Prototype, SE Block Sample, Key West AP, Unpainted Key West, Unpainted Ocracoke and a few more I can't remember. Just think all your's if you happened to be the Baldest poor fella at the table. (Kim's idea!!)

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187750 09/06/05 11:04 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Asked in another thread by Judy Newblom:

Quote:
I was also wondering if anyone knows what the high auction items went for. I am especially interested in the Cheybogan Crib master and the Bill sculpture. We had to leave in the middle of the auction so would like to know what things went for!
Thanks,
Judy
Moved by John Chidester

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187751 09/06/05 11:06 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
The Cheboygan Crib one-off piece went for $5,500. I think the Bill as a Lighthouse Keeper went for about $600 -- a grand less than the one at the previous reunion.

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187752 09/07/05 08:20 AM
smcclure Offline
Does anyone know what the original Cape Hatteras sold at auction for? Thanks, Scott

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187753 09/07/05 10:20 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I haven't seen a mention of our other "turndown gift"! Like the tin of thumbnails on Tues. we returned to our room on Wed. night to find a packet of postcards nicely wrapped in a red bow on our pillow.
The surprise was that each card was a beautiful photograph of one of the areas lights taken by the Forums own Paul Brady, Mike Kaiser and Dave Hannum. Beautiful work!!
Like the tin an unexpected surprise and one that will be a much a cherished memory of a great reunion.
Thanks guys!!!! laugh wink laugh wink
Rick

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187754 09/07/05 10:42 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Originally posted by smcclure:
Does anyone know what the original Cape Hatteras sold at auction for? Thanks, Scott
I've not fully unpacked yet - but I have the prices for all the auctioned items.

Re: Reunion 2005 goodies, auctions, and giveaways #187755 09/07/05 10:55 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
White topped Cape Hatteras went for $4500.

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users