Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ANNOUNCEMENT: Final vote on lighthouse for wacko pin #18744 09/24/99 10:39 PM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It is just as well that Lamar has started a second thread for this list for lighthouse restoration, as it was getting to be a long scroll to get down to the newest posters. Thank you for doing this, Lamar.

This thread will be closed as of Sunday, Oct. 3 at 11:59 PM. That gives everyone one more long week to compose your list and get it posted here of which lighthouses you think a restoration donation should go to.

Lamar will make a tally of those which were mentioned the most times. Then a vote will be taken. ONLY those who have WACKO status at the time of the voting, will be eligible to vote. There is an incentive right there for newbies who are close, to get those 50 postings in, join wackodom, and be eligible to vote.

Newbies who become wackos after that will still be able to order this prestigious and collectible pin. Your postings will count up until about the middle of next September 2000. Then a new cycle will begin to determine lights and a pin design for 2001. Postings are cumulative -- you do not have to start all over to achieve a new 50.

Watch this general forum for more updates on the date(s)for voting.

Thank you for supporting this project, wackos and newbies all.

Ladylightkeeper, Barbara

ladylightkeeper
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Final vote on lighthouse for wacko pin #18745 09/24/99 11:20 PM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Barbara
a little trick for scrolling to the bottom of a long thread that they told me about when I first got on the forum is to use the "end" button on your keyboard and it will take you to the last post for that thread then you can scroll up to the ones you haven't read
Darlene

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Final vote on lighthouse for wacko pin #18746 09/25/99 02:05 AM
Jake Offline
I have come up with a few lights, Barbara.

Old Mackinac Point, Kenisha Old Light, St. Clair Flats Old Range Lights, Crisp Point, Grand Harbour Light (which Lighthouse Digest has called the most endangered light in North America).

Jakers

Jakers
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Final vote on lighthouse for wacko pin #18747 09/25/99 04:57 AM
RRohweder Offline
Hey Jakers,
I'll support the St. Clair Flats Old Range Lights. Those are more pieces of my Coast Guard past. Was stationed on Harsens Island before you were born. Met and married my island girl wife there. Spent lots of time trying to keep those lights operating. They were already in pretty bad shape in the 60's and 70's when I was there. I'm amazed they're still standing at all. Thanks for mentioning them.
Rich

------------------

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 832 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users