cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Doodling in the Digital Darkroom - Don't Move Over Any Time Soon, Digger! #187290 02/24/02 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I'm scanning slides at very high resolution (4000 dpi) here at my computer, boredom periodically sets in, not surprisingly. Occasionally at such times I'm prone to doodle using one of the various image processing programs I have. Yesterday, when scanning some shots taken of Pt. Reyes on a partially foggy day, I started doddling with a small file while the 55 Mbyte scan was running. The results are shown in the series of three images which follow.

The original image - this was shot with a Tamron 200-400 mm zoom lens at f5.6 on Velvia (not Velveeta - couldn't resist, Tim).

I was doodling around with this using the brush stroke effects provided in PaintShop Pro 7.0 (effects/artistic effects/brush stroke). The people in the image left what I thought were objectionable blobs, so next step was to clone them out...

After cloning out the people, the result with the brush stroke special effect that I ended up getting was...

Certainly not competition for Digger by any means, but thought I'd share it anyway.

Gary

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 02-24-2002).]

Re: Doodling in the Digital Darkroom - Don't Move Over Any Time Soon, Digger! #187291 02/24/02 11:42 PM
1of3trees@prodigy.net Offline
LOL - Gary, I don't think that's any competition for Digger's paintings at all!!

------------------
Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,251 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users