Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Niagara Falls Part 1 #186217 09/04/06 08:38 PM
regalhobo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
We started out our Niagara Falls vacation on the Canadian side of the falls. Passing thru customs takes a little longer than it used to and they are much more vigilant than years ago. We crossed over many times during our week there and more than once they had people pulled over, searching the cars. They even had all traffic lanes feed into one lane to make things easier (for them)and safer. A couple times we felt they were looking for a specfic vehicle make and color as that's all they were checking. I wanted to get some pictures of the happenings but for once, thought better of my idea and left the cameras in the back of the truck.

The gardens they have along the main road past the falls are beautiful. Here are some pictures of them along with some of the falls. That is the American Falls (the all white part) in the background.

Water lilies in a pond in the park.

This is Kaitlyn my granddaughter, the love of my life!

The American Falls

Thru the trees.

This one shows the famous Bridal Veil Falls. They are the smaller falls to the right of the big one.

Canadian Horsehoe Falls. Those boats that you see are the Maid of The Mist tour boats. You can, for a fee, go on them and they bring you to the base of both falls. They leave from the US side or the Canadian side, eh. They supply the throw away raincoats. Its an awesome ride and the roar of the falls is truly something to hear.

This is Ed, Eileen, Kaitlyn and myself on the observation tower on the NY side. In case you can't guess I'm the one with the dark glasses. I got mixed up when I was uploading these and its alot easier for me to post the way they uploaded. So please bear with me as today we are now back on the NY side. Next time we'll probably be out of the country in Canada. Ha ha.

regalhobo
Tom K

:) :cool:
Re: Niagara Falls Part 1 #186218 09/04/06 09:16 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Love the water lillies.
HCS

Re: Niagara Falls Part 1 #186219 09/05/06 12:14 PM
5lights Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Enjoyed the shots of your grandaughter. Especially like the water lilies and the shot through the trees! smile

Debbie

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,688 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users