Next Thread
Print Thread
Aerial Photos of Door County lights #184732 05/22/04 05:24 PM
Tammy Wolfe Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Hello,

We were scheduled for a scenic plane ride to see the Door County lighthouses on Thursday, May 13. Unfortunately it was too foggy, and the ride was canceled. (Prior to staying at the Birchwood, we rented a cottage with a view of the Sturgeon Bay Canal North Pierhead lighthouse. It was so foggy that we couldn't even see the lighthouse the first 24 hours. However, we heard the fog horn!) On Friday, our rescheduled flight was canceled, and it looked like we weren't going to have the opportunity during this trip since Orion was booked for tours over the weekend and doesn't schedule flights on Mondays.

Fortunately there was a cancellation Saturday afternoon! We got to see Sherwood Point, Eagle Bluff, Pilot Island, Plum Island, Old Bailey's Harbor, Cana Island and the Sturgeon Bay lights.

From the air, you have a good opportunity to see the condition of Pilot Island Lighthouse.

Pilot Island Lighthouse

Plum Island Rear Range Light and Keeper's Quarters

Plum Island Rear Range Lighthouse.

Old Bailey's Harbor Lighthouse.

I only had a chance to take 2 photos of Sherwood Point and Eagle Bluff. The pilot circled Cana Island, and I took at least 15 photos of Cana Island Lighthouse! The line to climb the tower doesn't look too bad for 3:45 pm in the afternoon.

Another view of Cana Island Lighthouse!

Another view of Cana Island Lighthouse!

To be continued...

Tammy Wolfe

Re: Aerial Photos of Door County lights #184733 05/23/04 08:47 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Your aerial shots are breathtaking. I wish I had a better feeling about flying so I could get similar pics of the lights in my neck of the woods.

A former co-worker of mine told me there are only two things to remember about flying:

1. Never get in a plane with only one engine;
2. Never get in a plane you can't stand up in. laugh

Keep those great pics coming, Tammy!

smile Bob smile

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 792 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users