Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Were there CF members on a calendar? #183192 12/24/04 11:53 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Okay, maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I've gone over the Wacko edge and need serious psychological help. But I could swear I saw a calendar today with CF members' photos on it.

I was at the Drug Fair here in town, making prints from when we were at the Greenbrier for my grandparents' anniversary for a scrapbook. I was waiting for my parents to come to pay for the prints, and I wandered over to a rack of calendars and picked up the inevitable lighthouse one.

But something struck me about this calendar. The cover shot looked just like the one that Gary uses on his avatar. One or two others looked like they were his, too. For December, I could swear that that Pt. Betsie shot was shared with us by Jen last winter. And the Augustish photo of South Block looked just like Paul's avatar.

I wasn't able to open the calendar to check the photo credits, but, am I right? If so, when we get back from the OBX next week, I've got to go pick that up! smile

Please, let me know if I have to schedule an appointment with a therapist. laugh wink

Re: Were there CF members on a calendar? #183193 12/25/04 10:07 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
A couple of years ago I was contacted about the possibility of usine a picture of mine on a calendar. Unfortunately, I thought it might be some sort of scam so I ignored it.

I'm sure there is a good possibility that members of this forum have had some of their photos appear on calendars. We have some great photo people here at the CF who do marvelous work.

Then there is always the possibility that someone could take the same basic picture as our photo people do. The existing conditions around the lighthouses change but the focal point of the photo remains the same.

Different angle (move your feet), different weather conditions, different time of the year, different time of day, etc., but the lighthouse seldom changes except maybe a fresh coat of paint every now and then.

smile Bob smile

Re: Were there CF members on a calendar? #183194 12/25/04 02:58 PM
Jenifer Selwa Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Greg, I'd be curious to see it. I have never had anything published in a calendar/postcard/greeting card or similar. Keep us posted!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Re: Were there CF members on a calendar? #183195 06/01/06 11:43 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Somewhere there was a thread that asked what lighthouse was on your calendar at the start of a new month. I wasn't able to locate that one so will use this one instead.

June is here and in turning the page on my wall calendar I saw that the photo was of Chicago Harbor. I thought it looked familiar and then I knew, before I read the photographer's name, whose photo it was. It is in fact Sean Thompson's prize winning shot with the sailboat taken during our boat trip during our Navy Pier weekend. Was that in '01???

Congratulations Sean! smile

Re: Were there CF members on a calendar? #183196 06/06/06 12:22 PM
kikigl Offline
I just turned the page on my calender to June (a little late!) The picture is Peggy's Cove.

Kay
Re: Were there CF members on a calendar? #183197 06/06/06 01:45 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
A while back Rod Watson had several of his prints in a Brown Trout calendar.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Emory Brown), 1,384 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users