Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? #182830 07/15/02 08:37 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I've seen a couple of comments now about people sending in 12-15 rolls of film at once to the same processor.

Isn't there some sense to maybe send in 4-5 rolls at a time just in case the chemicals go bad that day or the machine eats sproket holes?

Anyone do this?

Re: Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? #182831 07/15/02 08:43 PM
Gary Martin Offline
John,
I use a professional photographic lab here in Kalamazoo and think nothing of dropping off 15-20 rolls of slide film for processing. I've been doing that for 6 years here and have never had a problem. The one thing I would mention is that if you take your film in to a 1 hr processing operation (for print film), I would recommend against taking your film in right after they open for the day. If they turn off their equipment at night or over the weekend, it takes time for the chemicals to come to thermal equilibrium, and if the tech is in a hurry to get things started, your film could be under developed as a result.

Gary

Re: Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? #182832 07/16/02 12:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has happened to me, After returning from the San Diego reunion I took in 18 rolls at once to be sent out to Kodak for processing I went back a few days later to pick them up and none were back, couple days later still none, the store put out tracers to all other stores looking to see if they were sent back to another store by accident, but no luck. I had pretty much given up on ever getting them back but after about 6 weeks the store called and said they turned up, nothing was missing or damaged fortunately. By them I was just happy to get them back, on the positive side the processing was all free in return for my inconvenience. So now I do take them in a few at a time if I have a large number of rolls.
[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 07-15-2002).]

Re: Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? #182833 07/16/02 12:17 AM
Chesapeake Bryan Offline
I also use a professional place to get my film developed. I have dropped off probably close to 100 rolls and have never had a problem. So, I am not really afraid of getting big quantitites of film developed.

As for the 24 hr places Gary mentioned, I don't use them any more. I've had too many bad experiences with them.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 872 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users