Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bruce Roberts Images for Lighthouse Stickers #182686 08/07/03 01:31 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Last week I received over 130 images from Bruce Roberts for use in the Lighthouse Stickers project which is moving along at a rapid pace. He sent me mostly original slides which I scanned last weekend.

Many of these images will be familiar to readers of the regional lighthouse guides published by Globe-Pequot Press.

The selection of images he sent me were of 105 different lighthouses. I've selected almost 80 of these for use as Lighthouse Stickers.

You can view Bruce Robert\'s stickers by clicking here.

I'm still awaiting images from many other photographers. If I haven't contacted you and you'd like to be among the photographers whose images are featured, please email me with a list of the lighthouses of which you have images.

Before doing so, please review the photographic requirements.

A primary reason for an image not being selected is that it cannot be cropped to a square image and still include the whole lighthouse.

There is a compensation program for the use of each photograph on a per-sticker sold basis. I'll respond to your email with details.

Do NOT send images to me until you have first told me which lighthouses images you have that meet the criteria. Also let me know if the images are from a digital camera, as a print, or as a slide.

There are now over 100 different Lighthouse Stickers available. I'm not actively selling these just yet -- waiting for about 200 to be available sometime before the end of this month.

You can view a complete list of ALL USA ...hted in yellow. The ones not hightlighted are the ones I'm primarily looking for.

I am especially looking for images to act as "State Stickers". I'm TRYING to have this image be the lantern room of a well-known lighthouse from that state AND have a US Flag be included in the image. You can see examples of this here. If you have such an image, please let me know.

www.LighthouseStickers.com

Re: Bruce Roberts Images for Lighthouse Stickers #182687 08/07/03 02:55 PM
Lighthouse Joe Offline
JChidester,

I tried to send this email to info@lighthousestickers.com but it got kicked back. I cc'ed you but you may not have recieved it.

I have lighthouse images you may be interested in. Go to http://mywebpages.comcast.net/LHJoes and click on the states you are interested in. All of the original images are 6 Mpxls (3000 x 2000) in jpg (with the exception of Diamond Head, Paradise Island and Angel's Gate - those are 2 Mpxl jpgs), these do not have the name and copyright on them. Let me know which images you you would like to use.

Lighthouse Joe

Re: Bruce Roberts Images for Lighthouse Stickers #182688 08/07/03 03:12 PM
Roxie Offline
You have mail re: Massachusetts, Maine and Rhode Island.

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Bruce Roberts Images for Lighthouse Stickers #182689 08/07/03 03:44 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
email to anything @lighthousestickers.com is not yet working - I received both Roxie and Lighthouse Joe's emails. Please send email to:

stickers@lighthousekeepers.com

Re: Bruce Roberts Images for Lighthouse Stickers #182690 08/12/03 10:02 AM
Roxie Offline
My pics are in the mail now...

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.
Re: Bruce Roberts Images for Lighthouse Stickers #182691 08/12/03 01:03 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks, Roxie... Looking forward to seeing them.

I received Lighthouse Joe's images and have posted a dozen of them as sticker images:

www.lighthousestickers.com/photographer_pages/joe_auriemma.htm

Nice shots.

I'm going to be emailing my known contributors today with a top 25 want list of images. Others who believe they have great lighthouse images and want to participate can email me with a list of what they have and I'll respond with the details on use of the images.

webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,148 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users