cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
St Joe on Saturday Night #182475 09/22/02 01:05 AM
Gary Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, yesterday and today WERE eventful! Terry missed a connection in Chicago on the way here from Boston... I missed her phone call... suffice it to say she was a tired gal when I got her to Stewart Avenue Inn about 11 PM last night.

This morning, Bill was way exuberant... so wound up in fact that he zoomed into the parking lot, jumped out of his rental car locking the door... unfortunately with it still running with the keys in the ignition... Opps.... HEY BILL, WHERE ARE THE KEYS????? Somehwat later than intended, we were off!

Photographed an old dairy barn on Ave EF just west of Kalamazoo county then made our way out to St Joe for the rest of the day. We photographed for a while from the south pier (pics of that coming later) and then went over to the north pier.

After shooting a bunch of digitals on the north pier, we wandered over to the beach. John and Karen made it over from Hammond and there was sort of a forest of tripods set up on the beach waiting for the to drop down behind the inner light for us to shoot some silhouettes.

The sun dutifully sank between the inner and outer lights albeit into the murk... frown frown frown so we moved up onto the dunes for some twilight shots.

As for the question, "how dark was it when you quit?"

About that dark...!

More coming when the slides are processed on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend... we're sure off to a great start here!

Gary

Re: St Joe on Saturday Night #182476 09/22/02 02:11 AM
ktamlin Offline
Gary

Thanks for a fun filled evening. Hope my pictures come out. The only correction needed to be made is that Karen and I are from La Porte and not Hammond. Enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to do it again soon.

Who is that guy in the denim shirt?

Keep the flame

John & Karen
Re: St Joe on Saturday Night #182477 09/28/02 02:31 PM
B
Bill Taylor Offline
B
It was a beautiful evening at St. Joe . I've got some good shot's that I'm happy with.

Re: St Joe on Saturday Night #182478 11/17/02 12:01 AM
1of3trees@prodigy.net Offline
I got some good ones, too, including I believe at least 1 good one of John and a humorous one of Bill and Gary from earlier in the day at St. Joe -- if anyone is interested in seeing them. There's a lot of slides I don't have scanned yet, between working overtime and resizing some of my images for my website that Josh Martin will be building for me.

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest
Re: St Joe on Saturday Night #182479 11/24/02 04:31 AM
1of3trees@prodigy.net Offline
I called this one "Photographers Relaxing":

I took that one with my new Canon EOS Elan 7 and that morning, the Saturday morning after my day-long trek to Michigan spending most of the time on planes and in airports because we were told in Boston that nothing was flying out of O'Hare because of the weather and they delayed takeoff for almost an hour. Well, guess what connection out of O'Hare connecting to Grand Rapids, MI took off on time while the delayed flight from Boston was still taxiing in?? Thank God I had a fill-it-in puzzle book and a book to read or I would have gone crazy!!!

Here's a sunset photo taken later the same day that I'm kind of pleased with:

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest
Re: St Joe on Saturday Night #182480 11/24/02 09:30 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
That is a great sunset pic, Terry! I like your candid shot of the relaxing photo-guys too.

smile Bob smile

Re: St Joe on Saturday Night #182481 12/02/02 02:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Gary... My wife and I are going to MI this summer. We will be visiting St. Joseph lighthouse.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,296 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users