Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any Opinions on a CyberPix/Mercury Digital #182280 04/17/05 12:30 AM
Bigbird Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Got a question: I wanted to get started on some digital photography and want the best for the buck, but at the time (or near future time either), I couldn't afford a known name brand at $200-300 for a 5 megapix camera, so I saw this Mercury with several bells and whistles and haven't had much time to play with it yet (as I'm starting to concentrate on moving to my new place of residence), but I picked it up for $99 (regularly $199), and with the battery charger (including extra batteries), the one year extended warranty, the extra card, and the adaptor to load the card directly into your computer (to save batteries and/or to keep from having to buy an adaptor to run it on d/c), it ended up costing around $200.

Did I get a decent deal or did I get taken. BTW, the model is E520S for anyone that may know that brand.

Thanks for any opinions/input.

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!
Re: Any Opinions on a CyberPix/Mercury Digital #182281 04/17/05 01:22 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Steve,

I have not heard of the Mercury brand, but doing a Google search it appears that Dell sells them. If Dell is selling them you would expect them to be a reasonably good product. The key questions have to be redirected at you: Do you like the pictures it produces? Is it easy to use and to figure out the features? Does it appear to have a decent quality of construction? If you answer yes I think you have a winner on your hands. Doesn't have to be from one of the well known major players to be a good camera.

I know of one Forum member who purchased his first digital at Aldi's and discovered that the insides were from one of the major players.

Re: Any Opinions on a CyberPix/Mercury Digital #182282 04/18/05 12:51 AM
Bigbird Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Thanks Dave, smile I am in the midst of moving and have been trying (with out much luck frown ) up to now to find a second p/t job, and/or a better first one (which is part of why I can't find a p/t now - conflicting schedules in retail), but I will set down after I move in the first of May (unless I get a chance before then) and get familiar with it (not being so now makes it more intimidating than it may well be just thinking about it along with everytrhing else on my plate :p ), but hopefully I'll be getting back with some neat pictures of the trips that I shouldn't be taking (w/o that second job eek )this late summer/early fall (along with any other questions should they arise before I go).

Appreciate the info,
Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,691 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users