Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18172 07/18/99 01:50 AM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Early in our HL addiction we were fortunate to develop a good relationship with our local supplier who continues to help us feed our habit. Kay goes bonkers when HL pieces arrive and she maintains a very nice HL display with all of the pieces safely locked up. Here are a couple of pictures of Kay.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=49026&a=353682&p=11199090[/img]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=49026&a=353682&p=11199089[/img]

------------------
Tom & Joyce

Tom & Joyce
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18173 07/20/99 01:05 PM
A
Al and Kathy Offline
A
Our favorite dealer is also named Kay (husband is Tom). We have become friends over the years. They are in another state which we visit frequently. When we stop there to pick up our lighthouses, we always try to make it when we can enjoy an evening together. The friendship began with HLs and continues on in HLs and other areas.

Kathy

[This message has been edited by Al and Kathy (edited 07-20-99).]

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18174 07/20/99 10:47 PM
P
Pam Baggett Offline
P
My favorite dealer is Camera World in Clarksville, Tennessee. (The name may not reflect a gift and collectible store but believe me, it is). Not only do I buy my HLs there. I work there too. I often get asked "Did they hire you because you know so much about lighthouses?" And my reply is "No they hired me in spite of it." lol. Selling is easy when you have a passion for what you are selling. I do have the love for lighthouses.
If anyone would like to contact me about what we have in the store call TOLL FREE 1-888-318-4438
any day but Wednesday, 9-7 central time
I would like to talk to you about HLs or any other collectible you may need. And of course we will ship.
Sorry, just the business side of me coming out. I'll try not to let it happen again.
Everyone have a great day.
Pam

Pam B.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18175 07/20/99 11:59 PM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
I was looking for a piece last year when I started collecting & HL in Cal. gave me # of Marina Grog & Galley in Missouri. Their main business is a resterant but they sell HL also. They are on a big lake & boy is it beautiful. I live in Fl so this was not close. But Jack & Marty are incrediable guys. They have helped me locate pieces gotten me some hard to find pieces out of thier stock. They have been selling for a long time the only one they are missing for restrant display is Coquille!! They save #157 of every HL that is released untill I tell them if I want it. They also ship at no charge & because of out of state...no tax!! Last August I visted out there & they treated me like I was a queen!!!!

(Gee St. John if the post is real long does it count as 2???)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18176 07/21/99 04:01 AM
RRohweder Offline
Can't let this topic pass by without throwing in my two cents worth. I've bought a few lighthouses out of state and over the internet, but they are a rarity and only because I'm still not caught up.

Kathy Trethewey at the Christmas Wreath Gift Shop in Samoa, CA calls me when each new HL arrives. She has an autoship of two, and both are spoken for, so she instantly has to place a new order to get more for display in her store. She is an excellent rep for Harbour Lights and over the years has become a good friend. She also refuses to raise prices on retired pieces saying that "she's not in business to compete with collectors." The phone # for her is (toll free: 888-445-3953.

Rich

------------------

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18177 07/21/99 08:36 AM
Lighthousedude Offline
My favorite HL dealer is Maresa's Candlelight Gifts in the Village of Port Jefferson.

Since I've started collecting she has been most helpful in keeping me up to date on new things coming in and the retirements.

Also, she has a collectors club (which is not exclusive to HL's). For every 10 purchases you receive 10% back which translates to a free HL. I just made buy #9 yesterday so the next HL I purchase there I will come home with 2.

I also have bought a few from the Lighthouse Depot. It's fun to have U.P.S drop off a package once in while.

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18178 07/21/99 09:48 AM
JohnL Offline
Wacko
Wacko
My favorite HL dealer is The Victorian Village in Tampa. They just recently started carrying HL and they have a vast selection. Since they are expanding their building, I would not be surprised if they added more HL.

John

Wave after wave will flow in the tide and bury the world as it does.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18179 07/21/99 12:54 PM
A
Al and Kathy Offline
A
Well, if you're going to name the shops, too, I have to say more. Kay and Tom Monje own Brass Town in Holland, MI. Great place to buy HLs! Is on autoship so gets them all.

Kathy

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18180 07/21/99 08:56 PM
Sunshine Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Hi everyone,

I'd have to say that I have two favorite Harbor Light dealers. One is Merete at Scan Trends in San Fransico, CA. who introduced me to Harbour Lights while I was vacationing there in 1992. And my other would be Michele at Emily Hallmark in Chesterfield, MO who let's us hold our collecter's gatherings at her store.

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18181 07/28/99 01:53 AM
drwhok9 Offline
Hello

I finally decided to post a message here since I have been posting in many other forums. My current favorite HL dealer is Veena's Cards and Gifts on 12 Mile Rd and Halsted in Farmington Mi. I have seen some stores with larger HL displays but the people in some of those stores did not know very much about the lighthouses. At Veena's they are VERY helpful in selecting and ordering Harbour Lights items as well as any other collectible they carry and they carry quite a few for the size of their store. I enjoy going in to make my purchases as well as just talking with Veena about collecting in general and how different companies work or do not work with the dealers. She thinks that HL is a great company to work with and is able to order and get information easily.

My past experience with an dealer in Livonia Mi, who I will not name, was good for a few months but then I had many problems receiving society items I had ordered. After a while they seemed to only have 4 or 5 lighthouses on display and stated they could not order any items from Harbour Lights.

When I lived in Coral Springs, Fl, I enjoyed a good relationship with two card shops located in the same mall, who both carried Harbour Lights. If one did not have an item I wanted they called one another to see if it was available at the other store even though it was a short walk between stores. I alternated my society orders between the stores so they each received credit for being dealers. These stores, one a Hallmark Gold Crown store the other a Carlton Cards dealer, were very helpful in getting me started in collection HL lighthouses. Without them I may not have gone as "Newbie/Wacko" as I am now.

Well I guess that is it for now, my fingers are tired and I must save myself in case I want to post to other forums tonight.

Jim

[This message has been edited by drwhok9 (edited 07-27-99).]

Jim
Dr. Who ?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18182 07/28/99 02:14 AM
D
dwood Offline
D
My favorite dealer is Ann at Crystal Cottage Gallery in N. Seattle WA. I attended my first HL event (only a rep one) at her store and won the door prize! I also found out that her name used to be Dixie before she decided to change to the more normal
Ann.

Dixie

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18183 08/09/99 06:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking with our favorite dealer a couple of days ago. (He calls us in Pennsylvania whenever he has a HL for us or just wants info.) And I got to thinking, he has been so great that we should sing his praises. Our favorite dealer is Sam at Whimsey Hollow in Mariner's Village at the Dana Point Harbor in Dana Point, California. Sam is definitely one of the good guys and Michael especially likes him, cause he laughs at his jokes.

Karen

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18184 08/09/99 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Favorite dealer:
Johnston's Hallmark-Citrus Park Mall

Henrietta, who is the manager there, is the absolute greatest in trying to fill your every want. The majority of my pieces come from that site.
Derith

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18185 08/10/99 01:55 AM
S
sCalBG Offline
S
My favorite dealer is Whimsey Hollow in Dana Point, CA. Sam has been a great guy to talk to about my new-ish hobby. And he has helped me get a few pieces on my list.
I'll be attending the HL event coming up there in September.

Bill
@ @
.<.
_U_
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18186 08/11/99 05:26 AM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Our favorite dealer is Collectors' Showcase in Edmonds, WA -- Virginia is great! We have been dealing with them since 1991 and have bought 95% of our collection from there; just wish they carried AB as well

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18187 08/15/99 02:50 AM
chris g Offline
Wacko
Wacko
My favorite HL dealer is Nagle's of Florissant, Missouri- for 2 reasons: 1) that is where I bought my first HL and 2) it is only 5 minutes from my house!

If you read the posts above, you saw a post from Pam who works at Camera World in Clarksville, TN. We just returned from 2 weeks in the southeast and actually stopped in Camera World and met Pam (yes, I bought a GLOW Tybee and a Middle Bay ornament) and found her both helpful and delightful! If you are in the Clarksville, TN area, please stop in- they have a whole bunch of great HL!

Chris G
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18188 08/17/99 11:55 PM
RezmanDale Offline
My favorite dealer is Bruce Bell at a family Afair in Pinetop AZ. He is on auto send for 2 of each release. He also has a lot of the retired ones from Heceta Head. Bruce has been a great source of information and was the one who made the connection between Bill Younger and David Winters for me. Bruce is a great guy and refuses to raise his prices when something retires. Since he is so near to my home town I don't know if he charges for delivery but he does have a good selection of older lights. I also like Scan Trends, I baugth Alcatraz there when I was visiting. They give a $2 redemtion ticket for your next lighthouse purchase and also ship ups free.
Dale

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18189 08/18/99 10:02 AM
B
Bob St Clair Offline
B
Sam and Jean at The Plum Tree in Lake Charles, La.

They get in new pieces and hold one of everything for me until I can get there and say yes or no.

Give me complete run of the store and allow me into those dark corners where a treasure may be tucked away, forgotten about.

Hot and Humid in South Louisiana

Bob

Bob
Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18190 09/10/99 12:01 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Just found a great place. Betty's Fine Collectibles in Fayetteville, Ga. Unbelievable the amount of stuff they carry. Have a great supply of HL's and the people there are fantastic and knowledgeable. (No, I don't work there.) Truly is a remarkable store.
Rusty

Re: Who Is Your Favorite HL Dealer #18191 09/10/99 07:08 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
My favorite HL dealer is Garlin's Hallmark which have 2 stores near Rochester, NY. When I started playing catch-up in early 1998 they had a great selection of older lights (most of which have since gone to R@R-at least the ones that I didn't buy). Linda, Wendy, and Dawn have taken very good care of me and even got me a regular low auto ship number on each light that comes in. It is difficult to single out one dealer because I find that most HL dealers are super people to work with but Garlin's has become my regular dealer.
Jim
Johnson

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,375 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users