cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouse Digest 9th Annual Photo Contest #181311 10/13/02 06:55 PM
Gary Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
For all of our intrepid lighthouse photographers, the October issue of Lighthouse Digest announced the 9th annual lighthouse photography contest.

There are four categories this year:

A) Best Daytime View
B) Best Winter-time View (Sorry Derith)
C) International Lights (Canada counts)
D) Storm-swept Lighthouse

Entries can be no l arger than 8x10 prints. No slides or negs.

On the back of each entry submitted attach a label with your name, address, and the name of the lighthouse. DON'T WRITE ON THE BACK OF THE PHOTO WITH A PEN... THE INK CAN MIGRATE THROUGH RUINING THE PHOTO. Address labels work well for the name and address part.

All entires have to be postmarked NO LATER THAN December 31, 2002.

Mail entries to:

Lighthouse Digest - Photo Contest 2002
P.O. Box 1690
Wells, Maine 04090

Start going through your collection of prints and slides to get your "stuff" ready to submit and good luck everybody!

Gary

Re: Lighthouse Digest 9th Annual Photo Contest #181312 12/14/02 10:01 PM
JWB Offline
Hey Gary, I am planning on sending some photos in for this contest, but I would like some additional information if possible. Are there prizes? What rights do you surrender on the photos (realize they have the right to publish the results, likely on their site and magazine, any others)? This is the first time I have submitted anything for a magazine and I am eager to see how I do. I need to find a local place that sells Lighthouse Digest too, any suggestions in West Michigan?

Thanks guys, and best of luck!
JB

Re: Lighthouse Digest 9th Annual Photo Contest #181313 12/14/02 10:39 PM
Gary Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
John,

Michigan Ave News here in Kalamazoo sells LH Digest and usually has it on the shelf. They're the only place here in SW Mich that I know of that does.

When you submit, they get the rights to use your photos -- with appropriate photo credit -- on the cover of LH Digest or the LH Depot catalog and if one of your photos is used in that capacity you get $$$. A LH Depot cover is $100. 1st/2nd/3rd place prizes in the photo contest in each category are $150/$75/$35. No limit on how many photos you can submit in the four categories that they have. I would think you may have some good ones for the storm swept lighthouse category at least, John.

I typically submit 5x7's if that's any help. Don't have a clue how many I'll submit this year but I've got a bunch for the stormswept lighthouse category again this year.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Gary

Re: Lighthouse Digest 9th Annual Photo Contest #181314 12/21/02 01:18 PM
Gary Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
Just to bring this back up to the top... time is running out to submit to LH Digest's annual photo contest. Entries have to be postmarked by 12/31. Good luck all who enter.

Gary

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users