Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
wacko pin design nearing completion #17381 10/22/99 02:38 AM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The Wacko pin project is really steaming along on schedule, due to a collective group effort: Lamar and Saint John on computer designing; Henry Hupp on conceptual idea; Paul Brady on photographic images for the design; Kim and HL on permission to use these photos; Darlene Cook on wacko notifications; and Barbara Hupp on coordination of the project's various phases.

The design is really looking great (I have had several sneak previews); and believe me, you wackos are definitely going to want this pin to start your collection.

My next responsibility now is to write up a short overview of Morris Island to include in with the pin. I would like to make it different from the card that came with the HL miniature. Would you like to help me? I would appreciate your e-mailing me any info you have on Morris that I could paraphrase from for this card. I have a webtv and cannot open documents except for jpeg.

Newbies: remember --- even if you weren't a wacko in time to vote, please don't feel left out. You have plenty of time to still become a wacko and order your pin from whenever they are ready on into 2000. The committee's problem will be to predict how many newbies will turn wacko by late next summer, so that we order enough pins the first time, as it will be more economical. Anyone out there have any idea on how we can arrive at a pretty accurate estimate? We don't want to run short on pins;but neither do we want a lot left over.

Keep watching the forum for updates, as the pin project progresses.

Thank you for showing your concern over the fate of Morris Island by your support of this project. You are all great HL'ers.

ladylightkeeper
Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17382 10/22/99 12:32 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Looking forward to seeing the pins. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Rusty

Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17383 10/22/99 08:10 PM
RezmanDale Offline
I too am looking forward to the unveiling. Thanks for all of the effort. Is there any plan for a Wacko gathering to present the pins?

Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17384 10/22/99 09:22 PM
Weasel58 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I also await with held breath the unvealing of your grand design!

Eric
Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17385 10/24/99 09:49 PM
JeffB Offline
Can't wait to see the design. In the mean time, I will get with my friends in Charleston and see if there is any information not already widely published.

Jeff
Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17386 10/25/99 03:39 AM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
"Is there any plan for a Waco gathering to present the pins?"

Do I smell a Waco reunion for 2000???
When & where???

Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17387 10/25/99 08:56 AM
Lighthousedude Offline
A BIG THANK YOU to the Ladylighthkeeper for her efforts and THANKS to all others involved. Can't wait to see the pins!!!

Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17388 10/25/99 01:16 PM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
For a not so serious answer first: Sorry, no personal presentation of pins. You guys and gals are spread across the U.S. My travel budget can't afford a major safari to present pins. You want like maybe the Publishers Clearing House van and balloons should be driven by me to make these presentations???? What fun that would be!

Seriously: The pins will be mailed out to you after they come back from the manufacturer this winter. Lamar will be taking care of that task.

But --- there is nothing to say that we can't have our own wacko get-together while at the next HL reunion --- hoping that we all would have a chance to register and attend.

How many wackos out there will try to get through on that phone line and become a lucky registrant for the next HL reunion, whenever it may be?

------------------

ladylightkeeper
Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17389 10/25/99 01:46 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks ladylightkeeper and Lamar for all your efforts to get the wacko pin into action(and all others with photos, design layout, history,etc.). In answer to your question...I would go to any reunion offered at any date or place. I dragged my husband out of bed to help call HL during last years frantic morning. I was lucky that I have 4 phone lines in my home and we could each man 2 different lines.

Re: wacko pin design nearing completion #17390 10/25/99 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to all the "upfront" gang who have made the HL Wacko pin an almost reality. I for one can hardly wait to wear it...
Derith

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,590 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users