cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cat's Meow Collection #17035 05/28/00 12:23 PM
HCarpenter Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not sure if anyone out there collects Cat's Meow in addition to Harbour Lights but I had to let you know about this piece. We collect some of the buildings (not lighthouses) from the town of York where our summer house is. This weekend we were visiting our dealer and saw a Cat's Meow of the Lighthouse Depot in Wells Maine! I had never seen it before and thought for those of you who had been to the store, it might be nice to have. Let me know it you are interested and I'll send along dealer information.

Re: Cat's Meow Collection #17036 05/31/00 05:19 AM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline
L
Herb, it must be telepathy. I was just looking at some Cats Meow pieces this week. Yes, I used to be a big collector; but am selling off some retired pieces so that I can buy more Harbour Lights!!

I have never seen the piece you are describing, but I have quite a few of the lighthouses, which I think Feline did a good job of designing. They look cute on the window sills, chair rails, or narrow pieces of molding mounted over doorways and windows.

It is interesting that, like HL, the Cats Meow company put out a set of 5 lights called the Great Lakes Postage Stamp Series (Spectacle Reef, Split Rock, Marblehead, Thirty Mile Point, and St. Joseph). On the back of each lighthouse there is a brief printed history of the light and the actual matching lighthouse stamp, which was then hand cancelled by the postmaster. It is an unique set and fun to display it along with the HL interpretation. I bought several of these sets and will sell some if anyone is interested.

Many towns which have a lighthouse have specially commissioned Cats Meow to make THEIR light. Just as we HL'ers search out our favorite sculptures, the serious Cats Meow collectors make it a point of vacationing in areas where they want to purchase these special pieces. Of course, many other interesting local buildings have been commissioned, but lighthouses seem to be the hottest sellers, as they tend to sell out quickly.

Do any of you live in an area where your lighthouse has been made by Cats Meow as either a regular product or as a specially commissioned item? It might be of interest to any HL'ers who want a companion piece to the "real" HL piece; or maybe the spouse can now compete with his/her own different lighthouse line !!

------------------
ladylightkeeper

ladylightkeeper
Re: Cat's Meow Collection #17037 05/31/00 11:46 PM
F
FLLight Offline
F
I'd like the info on the Cat's Meow piece. Thanks!

Keep Shining!

Kathryn

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 872 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users