cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How are new lighthouses shipped #15919 10/15/98 09:48 AM
Dick Johnson Offline OP
OP Offline
Yesterday I went to my local dealer to pickup my new Dunkirk LH. I have chosen this particular dealer because they will let me know when the new release is in, they will hold it for me, and I usually can get close to the same number for each new release. It is this last item that I need some information on and have some questions that I would like answers for.

Normally the dealer gets in the new LH's releases with the same number, or it varies up or down by only a few. However, every once and awhile the items they get in are significantly higher, by a thousand or so. Although the number is not the driving factor in acquiring the LH, it does look nice to have a whole group of LH's that have the same number, and it makes me appreciate the little extra effort taken to acquire my new releases this way.

My questions are: Does anyone know how new LH's are shipped to dealers? Are dealers suppose to get the same number releases (at least for the initial shipping) each time? Do Harbour Lights distribute through regional distibutors, and could this issue be a problem with them? I know that there are dealers who advertise that they can get you the same number for each release, and if this is true how can I get this situation with my local dealer? Is this an issue that has to be dealt with by Harbour Lights, or is it something that is handled by the local dealer?

Since I have made the committment to purchase each new release I would like to somehow get the same number each time. Is there anyone out there that can help me clear up these unknowns, and help me get to a resolution?

Re: How are new lighthouses shipped #15920 10/17/98 06:09 PM
S
Sara Offline
S
I work for a dealer of Harbour Lights so I think I can shed some light on your questions. When we receive in our first shipment of a new lighthouse, we always receive twelve pieces of it, and we usually get the same edition numbers with each. Our "numbers" are usuall #188-#199. We save those first twelve pieces, or our "Top Twelve" pieces for our best HL customers who buy every new release. They are assigned an edition number when they first join this "elite" group, then they receive every new release with the same number. Kind of gives you a bit of a matching collection. I am a member of this group and I always get #199. When we go to reorder different pieces, we receive whatever numbers they pull out of inventory. I believe this is the way it is for every dealer. Just let your dealer know that you wish to receive the same number with every new release. He should be able to work with you on that! I hope this helps.

Sara Morton

Re: How are new lighthouses shipped #15921 10/17/98 06:25 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
There are approximately 1800 Harbour Lights dealers. Some are very small - like the gift shop in the basement of the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse.

Some dealers sign up for an "autoship" of each Harbour Lights issue. I don't know how many dealers take autoship, but the total number of pieces they take is about 2,200 pieces.

Early Harbour Lights dealers (those who signed up in 1991, for example) AND which have signed up for autoship receive the lowest numbered pieces. They are pretty well assured of getting the same numbers every time. Dealers farther down on the autoship list may not always get the exact same numbers. Perhaps another dealer above them on the autoship list has closed its doors or decided not to receive every item by autoship. That effect cascades down the list.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 870 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users