Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Counting Down to August 15... #159137 07/28/09 08:26 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
17 days until the close of the Opportunity Drawing. Just shy of $800 raised so far.

Time for all of us procastinators (yes, I'm #1) to get out the checkbook and write it out - $100 would be nice! And mail it in.

All you need to know is RIGHT HERE

Sure would be nice for us to write some checks to lighthouses and distribute ALL the great donated items to the winners.

I'm feeling pretty confident that with all of the late entries, we'll make our goal! Help us out. Pass the word to some collectors NOT on the Internet.

Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159138 07/28/09 11:01 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We have now passed the $800.00 tier, which means two more prizes are now available to be won! Terry has raised a chunk for the drawing at the Bronze Lady's Bill event this past weekend, so that total will be raising once I receive the check.
There are more great prizes out there waiting to be won, but more importantly, there are some very hard-working lighthouse preservation groups desperately needing help. What would this world be like if we lost all of our lighthouses? It not only can happen, it IS happening!
Has anyone been to Fort Gratiot lately? The Great Lakes oldest and once proudest lighthouse is in extreme danger of being lost! The tower is systematically crumbling before one's eyes!
How about New Canal? Will we ever see it recover from the ravages of Hurricane Katrina? Many of you have been there to see nature's wrath!
What about the people at Toledo Harbor who have worked so hard to restore that beautiful and unique structure, only to have vandals steal their dock. They have had to begin their efforts all over again to replace the dock just so they can get onto the lighthouse to continue their efforts and open it to the public! Wouldn't it be a great jesture to present them with a check to help them replace it?
Execution Rocks is sitting in New York Harbor. It's been quite awhile since it's been cared for. How long can it last sustaining the havoc caused by the New York air quality, among other hazards?
Ashtabula is a lighthouse which seems to have been forgotten by many in the lighthouse world. These dedicated volunteers have even held bake sales to try to raise money to restore this harbor light. That's dedication! Don't they deserve some extra help and the knowledge that others care about their light as well?
And finally, there's Jones Point. Many times I've seen in these Forums members lamenting about the fact that they wish it could be open completely to the public. Well, here's your chance to help make that happen!
Yes, times are tough all around. Which makes it even more imperitive that these preservation groups get as much as we can give them. Donations are down everywhere, and non-profits are really struggling to make ends meet. If we as lighthouse lovers don't help them, WHO WILL???

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159139 07/30/09 12:55 AM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
I put this in the Trading Post, but I want it to get ^exposure....I want to see you reach the next tier, and that's why I am also listing it here....

Here is your chance to own a Conanicut Rhode Island
2006 Christmas Edition ...number 2579
Harbour Lights #721
Lighted
Retired
For $100.00.........
I will pay the shipping to you, and you will make the check out to:
Sand and Sea Enterprises/ Lighthouse Fund

I won this at the event in MO. June 14, 2009, and I do not need it. This is your chance to own it, AND donate to the COLLECTOR FORUMS' OPPORTUNITY DRAWING

http://www.thecapecodstore.com/opportunity_drawing/official_rules.html

Your donation will help out lighthouse restoration and and give you an opportunity to win additional lighthouses!

Any takers?
Let me know by August 3rd, as I will be out of town from the 4th until?
First come first served, and I will discuss payment and mailing procedure.

Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159140 07/30/09 09:41 AM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Pam,
Thank you for that generous offer! It's a great opportunity for someone!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159141 07/30/09 11:13 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Thank you Pam! Lighthouse preservation is what generosity is all about.

Rich
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159142 08/02/09 10:54 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
TWO WEEKS (14 DAYS) AND COUNTING !!!!

Rich
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159143 08/02/09 10:49 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
That's 14 days until the winners are announced!
On Sunday, August 16th, I will be announcing "live" the winners of the Opportunity Drawing RIGHT HERE ON THE FORUMS!! At 1:00PM EST, (that's 12PM Central, 11AM Mountain, and 10AM Pacific. And for you Margret, I believe it is 6PM, but please correct me if I'm wrong!?) the festivities begin! I encourage all of the members to tune in and please don't withhold your comments after each winner is announced. I'm looking to have some fun with this!!
To those of you who have already entered the drawing, a GREAT BIG THANK YOU! Your help will be especially appreciated by these lighthouse preservation groups. And frankly, if you've entered, the chances of winning a prize are pretty darn good! Considering that only one prize can be won per person, the odds are terrific!
And to those of you who may not win a prize, you are still winners! It's because of the generosity of people like you that we can pass on some much needed monetary help to these hard working preservation groups!
So remember, Sunday, August 16th at 1PM EST. Mark your calendar, set your alarm, and join us!

Roland Babineau
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159144 08/03/09 04:04 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
12 days until the close of entries.

My check is in the mailbox and will go out today. And I'm a well-known procrastinator.

So please, you can enter with as little as $5 - about the cost of a Big Mac meal. Put it in the mail tomorrow.

Let's close out this opportunity drawing by putting the fund over the top! As Roland has suggested, the number of entrants so far means all the entrants have a good shot at being a winner.

Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159145 08/04/09 10:22 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Only 11 more days and that is delivered in 11 days not just postmarked on August 15th. Entries need to arrive by the 15th..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159146 08/06/09 07:03 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Only 9 days left and $35.00 from making the next tier of $1100.. And another $335 to the next tier of $1400, a last minute rush would great for the lighthouses and we can give away more prizes!!

Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159147 08/08/09 09:46 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
CHIEF: Max, we're running out of time here. What are you talking about?

MAX: Chief, we're talking about just 7 more days!

Lighthouse Preservation Opportunity Drawing Information

Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159148 08/08/09 04:33 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks to some VERY generous donors, we are now over the $1100. tier and well on the way to the next tier of $1400.!!! Times-a-wastin' to get in on the drawing! And Paul would really love to put that Kim into the pot! Can we get there?

Roland Babineau
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159149 08/08/09 05:21 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
And for the procratinators, that is 7 days to receive your donation, not 7 days to mail it. So if you haven't already sent in your donation(s), send it off Monday to make sure it gets to Roland by COB Saturday, the 15th of August.

Rich
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159150 08/10/09 08:52 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
We are now only $115.00 away from the $1400 Tier of prizes and have less then 6 days to reach this goal. I have all the confidence that we will make this $1400 Tier but am hoping against hope that we surpass the $1400 Tier and reach the $1700 Tier by COB Saturday.

If you have procratinated and still have not sent your donation in, or you have just learned about the Opportunity Drawing, it is not too late. Roland assures me he will stay up as late as need be on Saturday opening every envelope he gets that day so your donation can be counted. Time is running out to get your check/money order in the mail so it can be received by Saturday's mail delivery.

Rich
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159151 08/11/09 02:12 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I mailed out a small additional amount today. Hope it arrives in time.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159152 08/11/09 08:38 AM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Shortcake:
I mailed out a small additional amount today. Hope it arrives in time.
Thanks Shortcake! A second donation is very, very much appreciated and needed! It should be here on time for the drawing but even if it's late, the donation will still get added to the lighthouse fund and be sent along to help preserve these precious landmarks. That is what this drawing is all about!

Roland Babineau
Re: Counting Down to August 15... #159153 08/15/09 06:47 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It is now August 15th. All mail was picked up at the post office just before they closed today. If you've been following the totals today, you have noticed that it hasn't been updated since yesterday. That's because I received nothing today for the Opportunity Drawing, final total is $1350.00, just short of the $1400.00 needed for the next prize release total.
All who donated have been contacted, thanked, and sent a link to the winner's announcement thread. If you sent a donation and didn't receive any of the above, please e-mail me at roland@thecapecodstore.com.

Roland Babineau

Moderated by  Bob Ott, wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,213 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users