Volunteers drove as far away as 370 miles. No rain, but it was warm. 614 bricks were chipped of old mortar. Several large groups of bricks were broken into individual bricks. Broken bricks were put into separate piles. Some were WACKO'S, some were not.

Joe Dingler (Shortcakes husband) was the first one on the site Saturday. He brought his own tools. He is breaking up the big pieces to individual bricks that will be moved to a table to have the mortar cleaned off.

Starting from the left: Barbara Majors from the North Georgia Beacon Bridgade Collectors Club; Joe Dingler and Shortcake Dingler, both WACKO's; Cheryl Martin, one of my sisters; Patrick and Laura from Pensacola, Laura is a real lighthouse lover, Patrick was along for the ride but worked real hard; Dennis Barnell, President of the St. George Lighthouse Association (but not from out of town). Not in this picture my son Steven and myself.

My son Steven who came up with me Friday and worked form 11:30 to 3:30 chipping bricks with the local members and then worked all day Saturday.

Dennis with a borrowed Jack Hammer.

Steven and Cheryl (behind him) breaking off bricks from the large sections. Behind them on the fence are Thank you notices to the volunteers and companies who donated or reduced the price of items needed.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el