Print Thread
NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156556 06/10/07 12:09 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 10TH ANNIVERSARY RAFFLE
Win a 2008 Lighthouse, Beach or Schooner Vacation! cool

$5 per Ticket or 6 for $25! Each ticket entitles you to a chance to win!

TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED FROM ANY NELL MEMBER.
Members can obtain additional tickets to sell from Ellen Granoth, Co-Treasurer @ ellenlg@sbcglobal.net. A limited number will be mailed to members after the NELL meeting, June 9-10.

Proceeds to benefit New England lighthouse preservation through NELL, a chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.

*All destination prizes. Choose from specified availability in 2008! Details are also posted on the NELL Website

PRIZES:

• Race Point Lighthouse, Cape Cod- Week stay for 2 in the “yellow room” of the Keeper’s dwelling at the lighthouse.

Winner's choice of week in May, June, Sept, or October, 2008. Winner must bring drinking water, food and linens. Go back in time and live like the Keeper! Beautiful location at the tip of Cape Cod. Visit Race Point

Donated by Cape Cod Chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.
    ~
  • Outer Banks, North Carolina on Hatteras Island- Week stay ocean & sound view 4 BR/3 Bath Beach House.

Winner's choice of any available off season week, 2008 (Jan- Memorial Day & Labor Day through December.)
    Perfect location to visit Hatteras, Ocracoke, Bodie and Currituck lighthouses!
    Tour the "Beach Happy" beach house

Donated by friends of NELL.
    ~
  • Aruba, St.Martin, Hawaii, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, or Disney Area, FL- Winner's choice of one location for a week stay.

Choose from any available week in 2008. Bask in the sun at your choice of destination or tour Disney World.

Donated by members of NELL
    ~
  • Windjammer Cruise along the Maine Coast on the Schooner Mary Day- 4 days for two adults.

Vacation is early June 2008 for a lighthouse cruise along the coast of Maine. See island villages, snug harbors and more than 20 historic lighthouses.
    Visit the Schooner Mary Day

Donated by Ted & Jo Panayatoff & the Schooner Mary Day.
    ~
  • Nantucket Island, MA - Two night stay for 2 at the Nantucket Inn, with buffet breakfast each day.

Prize is valid for 2008-2009, except for July 1- Aug. 30, and is subject to availability. The Inn is open late April to the end of October. Visit the quaint, picturesque island of Nantucket off the coast of Massachusetts & enjoy a stay at a special place.
    Visit the Nantucket Inn

Donated by the Nantucket Inn.
    ~
  • Thacher Island, MA - Weekend stay for 2 in the Assistant Keeper’s dwelling at the lighthouse
    Available weekend is Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, August 1, 2 & 3rd, 2008 only.
    Winner must bring linens, drinking water & food.
    Visit Thacher Island

Donated by Thacher Island Association.

Once you have your tickets, please send your check made out to NELL & signed ticket stubs to:
NELL c/o Ellen Granoth, Co-Treasurer
124 Scott St, Naugatuck, CT, 06770

Drawing to be held at NELL Fall Membership Meeting, October 14, 2007.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN

NELL Raffle Committee Contacts:
Judy Castleberry, Publicity Chair @j_castleberry@verizon.net,
Lee Hall, Fundraising Co-Chair @leonrhall@comcast.net,
Ellen Granoth, Co-Treasurer @ ellenlg@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!

Judy Castleberry

Judy
Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156557 08/12/07 11:45 AM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Have you purchased your NELL raffle tickets? Any NELL member can sell them to you. $5 each or purchase 6 @ $25.00!

I'm happy to report that ticket sales are going good for the New England Lighthouse Lovers 10th Anniversary Raffle. Please don't miss your chance to purchase these tickets.

Photo of Race Point by Tom Kenworthy as featured in Lighthouse Digest, August, 2007 issue.

A ticket gives you a chance to win a week's stay at Race Point Lighthouse on Cape Cod or a week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina where you can visit the Hatteras, Ocracoke, Bodie and Currituck lighthouses during your stay.

Or, you could win a four day lighthouse cruise along the coast of Maine on the Schooner Mary Day, or choose a week at any of these destinations:
Aruba, St.Martin, Hawaii, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, or Disney Area, FL.

How does a weekend on Nantucket staying at the beautiful Nantucket Inn sound to you?

You might even win a stay in the Assistant Keeper's dwelling at the remote Thacher Island lighthouse where you would be transported by boat to the island to live like the keepers did for a weekend.

See the first post in this thread for complete information on the drawing, or see our 1/2 page ad in the current issue of Lighthouse Digest. Drawing will be held at NELL's fall meeting, October 14th but you do not need to be present to win.

Thanks to everyone here at the Collector Forums who has responded already. If you missed the first notice, remember tickets can be purchased from any NELL member.

Proceeds to benefit New England lighthouse preservation through NELL, a chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.

Judy smile

NELL

Judy
Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156558 08/12/07 01:54 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Remember- I have as many tickets as you want or need. I've already sold some to HLCF members.

We won't run out - we can always print more.

Buy early and often- it's for a good cause and the prizes are great in this raffle.

Thanks for your attention- and in some cases participation. laugh

Dennis

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156559 09/18/07 08:12 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
towel

NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 10TH ANNIVERSARY RAFFLE
Win a 2008 Lighthouse, Beach or Schooner Vacation! cool

towel $5 per Ticket or 6 for $25! Each ticket entitles you to a chance to win! towel

*All destination prizes. Choose from specified availability in 2008! Details are also posted on the NELL Website

PRIZES:

• Race Point Lighthouse, Cape Cod- Week stay for 2 in the “yellow room” of the Keeper’s dwelling at the lighthouse.

Winner's choice of week in May, June, Sept, or October, 2008. Winner must bring drinking water, food and linens. Go back in time and live like the Keeper! Beautiful location at the tip of Cape Cod. Visit Race Point

Donated by Cape Cod Chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.
    ~
  • Outer Banks, North Carolina on Hatteras Island- Week stay ocean & sound view 4 BR/3 Bath Beach House.

Winner's choice of any available off season week, 2008 (Jan- Memorial Day & Labor Day through December.)
    Perfect location to visit Hatteras, Ocracoke, Bodie and Currituck lighthouses!
    Tour the "Beach Happy" beach house

Donated by friends of NELL.
    ~
  • Aruba, St.Martin, Hawaii, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, or Disney Area, FL- Winner's choice of one location for a week stay.

Choose from any available week in 2008. Bask in the sun at your choice of destination or tour Disney World.

Donated by members of NELL
    ~
  • Windjammer Cruise along the Maine Coast on the Schooner Mary Day- 4 days for two adults.

Vacation is early June 2008 for a lighthouse cruise along the coast of Maine. See island villages, snug harbors and more than 20 historic lighthouses.
    Visit the Schooner Mary Day

Donated by Ted & Jo Panayatoff & the Schooner Mary Day.
    ~
  • Nantucket Island, MA - Two night stay for 2 at the Nantucket Inn, with buffet breakfast each day.

Prize is valid for 2008-2009, except for July 1- Aug. 30, and is subject to availability. The Inn is open late April to the end of October. Visit the quaint, picturesque island of Nantucket off the coast of Massachusetts & enjoy a stay at a special place.
    Visit the Nantucket Inn

Donated by the Nantucket Inn.
    ~
  • Thacher Island, MA - Weekend stay for 2 in the Assistant Keeper’s dwelling at the lighthouse
    Available weekend is Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, August 1, 2 & 3rd, 2008 only.
    Winner must bring linens, drinking water & food.
    Visit Thacher Island

Donated by Thacher Island Association.

PLEASE RETURN YOUR SIGNED STUBS TO THE PERSON WHO SOLD YOU YOUR TICKETS - TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!

Drawing to be held at NELL Fall Membership Meeting, October 14, 2007.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN

NELL Raffle Committee Contacts:
Judy Castleberry, Publicity Chair @j_castleberry@verizon.net,
Lee Hall, Fundraising Co-Chair @leonrhall@comcast.net

applaud Huge Thank You's to ALL Who Have Participated So Far. We wish each of you could be winners!

Judy Castleberry
NELL Raffle Committee Chair

Judy
Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156560 09/20/07 07:37 AM
F
fscjr Offline
F
Judy--So, if I'm correct (an unlikely event), the first winner has their choice of any of the prizes, the second of any of those remaining, etc. etc. There are at least two that I must have. What a great grouping of choices! Congrats! Thank you for reminding us...Frank

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156561 09/20/07 07:28 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by fscjr:
Judy--So, if I'm correct (an unlikely event), the first winner has their choice of any of the prizes, the second of any of those remaining, etc. etc. There are at least two that I must have. What a great grouping of choices! Congrats! Thank you for reminding us...Frank
Frank,

You record is still intact- you are incorrect.

The first ticket pulled will win the first prize listed, the second ticket pulled will win the second prize listed and so on. I also have been told that there is nothing to stop the winners from making trades amongst themselves.

I was told the drawing was being done this way to streamline the process- it could take a very long time to contact people give them a choice and move on to the next person.

Dennis

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156562 09/20/07 10:01 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Thanks Dennis for your input. I need to adjust a bit of what you've said ever so slightly.

The drawing will take place at NELL's Fall meeting as publisized. The first ticket drawn will win the 6th prize on the list. The second will win the 5th on the list and so on.

The reason for doing the drawing this way is that tickets have been sold to many folks from all over and only a handfull of those will be in attendance during the drawing (those members attending the Fall meeting).

We advertised that one does not need to be present to win.

Thanks so much, Frank & Dennis for your posting and enthusiasm. I know you both have been out there hard at work selling tickets. Great job!

Good luck to all participants. Also remember,there's still time to purchase tickets!

Judy

Judy
Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156563 09/20/07 11:50 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Judy,

Sorry for putting incorect info out there. This was how I understood it from talking to the person I got my tickets from.

Dennis

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156564 09/21/07 07:35 AM
F
fscjr Offline
F
So, Dennis, do you join me in maintaining an unblemished record of being incorrect? Frank

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156565 09/21/07 04:07 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by fscjr:
So, Dennis, do you join me in maintaining an unblemished record of being incorrect? Frank
Nah, I'm usually right. laugh

Dennis

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156566 09/22/07 11:21 AM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Whatever way it is done the prizes are fabulous!
Judy

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156567 09/26/07 07:11 AM
F
fscjr Offline
F
Judy--You have assembled an amazing group of "prizes"...I just know I'm going to Race Point!. Frank

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156568 10/04/07 07:14 AM
F
fscjr Offline
F
So, Judy, if some other lucky dog wins the Race Point week, how long will it be before he/she is informed? (So I can call them too to bargain!).
Hope YOU and NELL and lighthouse preservation are wildly successful....Frank

Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156569 10/04/07 03:54 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I'm not trading Frank!

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle - Destination Prizes! #156570 10/04/07 05:53 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by rscroope:
I'm not trading Frank!
I trust Carolyn won't trade Frank either! whistling

Frank, in answer to your question, if winners drawn at the meeting are not present, they will be notified by phone as soon after the meeting as we can do that. The winner of each destination prize will then be put in touch with the donor of that prize to work out their vacation time in 2008.

Good Luck to All Participating! Still time to buy some last minute chances...

Judy
NELL Raffle Committee Chair

Judy

Moderated by  Bob Ott, wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,040 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users