Print Thread
Harbour Lights Post Cards ?? #15587 10/25/98 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A year or so ago I acquired two Harbour Lights post cards. One had the Scituate Lighthouse on it and the other had Thomas Point. These were very nicely done with a color picture of the Harbour Light piece with a famous lighthouse quote on the front and information on the back. A Robert Louis Stevenson quote was on the Thomas Point and a Keats quote was on the Scituate card. Were these part of a series or were they just for put out as a promotion for harbour lights ?

Re: Harbour Lights Post Cards ?? #15588 10/29/98 08:17 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Good eye and good question - It took actually seeing these cards for someone to remember the story behind them.

A few years back, Globe-Pequot press, publishers of the Lighthouse guide book series by Ray Jones and Bruce Roberts wanted to include a promotional flyer in Harbour Lights' mailing of the Lighthouse Legacy. So in exchange, These two post cards were made for insertion into the actual books. One went in the New England book (the Scituate one) and the other in the Middle Atlantic book (Thomas Point).

(Scans by thelgtkpr)

[This message has been edited by JChidester.]

Re: Harbour Lights Post Cards ?? #15589 10/30/98 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks John. Now that you mentioned it, I do remember the books having the cards when I purchased them. I would like to see Harbour Lights issue a set of Post cards of all the Harbour Lights. I think it would be a nice collection to have, especially now that they have reproduced the old Hassan Tabacco cards.

Re: Harbour Lights Post Cards ?? #15590 10/30/98 09:55 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I would like to see Harbour Lights issue a set of Post cards of all the Harbour Lights.

Any idea on where they could get a set of photos of every Harbour Lights? Paul?

Re: Harbour Lights Post Cards ?? #15591 10/30/98 09:41 PM
Art Offline
You're showing off now, John. Cut it out; you're making me jealous with these glimpses of SEBI and Nauset. :-) (But these *are* very nice photos of very nice pieces!)

[This message has been edited by Art.]

-Art

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,466 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users