Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15288 02/17/01 04:04 PM
N
Nana Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Our Thursday night meeting was a fun time, but when doesn't the Tampa HL club have fun?

The best for me was meeting Bill O'Brien for the first time, face to face. Hopefully, since there is no club nearer than we are, he will become an active member. Eric(weasel), Mike Hancock, Bill and I were the only active forum folks in attendance, but there were close to 40 in number.

We had a great speaker who does watercolor pieces and was originally from LA. He had quite a bit of knowledge as he researches what he paints.

The club is involved, as you know, with the restoration of Anclote Key. This Sunday a group is going out to begin clean-up work on the island. If you get Lighthouse Digest, you have already read the info about the relighting the light in the Feb. issue.

The invitation is always open to anyone who is the area or wants to drive a little to get together with fellow wackos.

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 02-17-2001).]

Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15289 02/17/01 07:15 PM
Weasel58 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Actually Nana, we will be going out next Sunday the 25th to Anclote Key to start the clean-up. RIP wanted this Sunday, but more people could go next Sunday.
Also I enjoyed meeting Bill O'Brien, and hope he will join us again.

[This message has been edited by Weasel58 (edited 02-17-2001).]

Eric
Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15290 02/17/01 09:04 PM
O
oseabee Offline
Administrator
Administrator
O
Yes derith and weasel I reall enjoyed the meeting (both of them)you have a great club.From what I saw there probably isn't much they cant accomplish when they set thier minds to it.I hope to be able to do whatever I can.Bill O'Brien oseabee

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15291 03/05/01 02:14 AM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
I have not had the pleasure of meeting Bill yet, but I did meet another WACKO! I meet with Carol Z, she is the first non-Flordian Waco person I have meet. & I have to say Wacos outside of Fl are just as nice as the ones I have meet here! Carol is from NJ & was down here on business, & was nice enough to let me go lighthouseing with her. We covered a lot of miles & had a GREAT time. Thanks Carol! Hope we meet up again sometime.

TGIFIF

Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15292 03/05/01 09:52 AM
CarolZ Offline
Hey Gail, You're right, we had a great time!! I managed to see 10 lighthouses in 2.5 days. Gail and I had planned to go to Tampa but then discovered that the lighthouses are not easily accesible. I was surprised how close our HL experiences have been. Gail is a true "Wacko".
Now I am stranded in New Jersey with 2 feet of snow expected. I want to be in Florida again!!!
Good luck with the Anaclote lighthouse project.

Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15293 03/05/01 12:49 PM
RFoster Offline
Carol & Gail it is nice to hear stories like this, where the love of lighthouses and collecting HLs brings people together. I just feel badly that you couldn't have stayed in FL longer Carol and missed the storm. Right now the roads here in Groton are icy and we are bracing for high winds and snow later in the day. MJ and I will be in sunny FL on March 17th and hopefully get some lighthousing in. Carol, it would be nice to read about the lighthouses you visited. Maybe you would send one to Ray Patnaude for inclusion in the next NELL newsletter, The NE Beacon. Thanks to both of you for posting here and showing others what a great hobby this is and a way to meet some wonderful people.

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron

[This message has been edited by RFoster (edited 03-05-2001).]

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15294 03/05/01 11:53 PM
D
DaveVB Offline
D
Hi - I'm another newbie. I've been lurking for a while, making up my mind to join in. One thing that puzzles me a bit..and that is: what, exactly, is the meaning of WACKO? I've generally got the picture that it is a lighthouse enthusiast - perhaps even a HL fanatic. However, since I work in an acronym-intgensive industry, it looks to me like a duck - I mean, an acronym. Can anyone enlighten me? (sorry about that - couldn't resist!) :-)

Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15295 03/06/01 12:08 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome again Dave! John Chidester the webmaster moved your earlier question to this other forum and as you will see, I responded to your question and a lot of folks welcomed you on board.
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum26/HTML/000102.html

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 03-05-2001).]

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15296 03/08/01 12:21 AM
D
DaveVB Offline
D
Thanks for the pointer to my first post. When I returned here the first time I didn't see it, and thought that AOL had done me in again. So, now I've found it, and all the friendly folks who welcomed a newbie. Wow!
I even took a WACKO test ... I guess I'm not quite there, yet. But, I did read all the way through the 50 posts, so I guess I won a "W" (Any old H-O-R-S-E players out there?
Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15297 03/08/01 01:23 AM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
Ron, I am half way between Jupiter & Hillsboro. If there is any way I can help with info or whatever, please let me know.

TGIFIF

Re: Wacko Meets Wacko for the first time #15298 03/08/01 02:18 AM
RFoster Offline
Thanks Gail. We are meeting up with friends and fellow HL collectors who have some lighthousing in our plans. I will certainly keep you in mind if help is needed. Again, I appreciate your offer.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,414 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users