Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
International PCE Question... #151586 08/02/05 01:19 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
For the first time ever, we are going to have international participants in our PCEs - and two at that. I know that it is usually more expensive to send abroad, so I did some research on both ends of the ocean. These are only for the out-of-envelope exchanges,

To send a card to either of our international exchangers in GBR or GER for the NO ENVELOPE EXCHANGE will be 70 cents as opposed to the 23 cents for domestic mailing. Also, your cards cannot be more than 6" wide by 4.25" high.

To send cards for the IN-ENVELOPE EXCHANGE, you can send them Airmail Letter Post for 80 cents. This is assuming you have a 1-ounce package. It should take 4-7 days to arrive.

Stan and Margret...to send cards to us here in the US is going to be 40p for surface mail. To send a 20g envelope will also cost 40p.

Lightshipfan...Deutsche Post does not have an English translation for their website, so I can't help out there. Sorry. frown

I don't know what it costs to mail within Europe.

Hopefully this helps everyone. I'd still go to the post office to double check these rates, but hopefully this gives you a good idea of the difference. smile

Re: International PCE Question... #151587 08/02/05 01:33 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks Greg, I was going to issue a heads up when I sent the labels.
Bob wink

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: International PCE Question... #151588 08/02/05 03:56 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
wink To put matters straight... we can send things by surface mail - if we are prepared to wait anything up to six weeks for the letters / post cards to arrive. So 40 pence for a post card is not really going to happen.

An air mail post card costs 68 pence, which at todays rates is 1.20 Dollars.
An envelope up to 20 grams is the same price...

From Germany a post card is about 1 Euro ($1.21) and a letter 1.55 Euro ($1.89)

We are going to enjoy this exchange smile !!! And so we'll pay that! cool

But I hope you will all understand, that at those prices, we will not be able to send "things" with the PCE in envelopes frown

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: International PCE Question... #151589 08/02/05 04:10 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
We're glad to have you as part of the PCEs Stan & Margret and Iris. laugh We're sure you knew the cost. I think Greg was just trying to be helpful to our US regulars who might just plop a 37cent on an envelope or a 21cent on a postcard w/o looking. eek It will be very apparent by the length of your addresses that it's going across the Atlantic. In the envelope, can be whatever you want but we'd appreciate a little personal note so we can get to know you guys better. wink
Bob

ps you could use the slow mail since the timing of the Exchanges will be over 3 months.

Knowing Greg, he probably do it both ways(slow & fast), and ask you to tell him the arrival of both, so he'll can do another postal project for school. lol :rolleyes: I think when he grows up he wants to be Postmaster General, and change the delivery trucks to LandRovers? cool

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: International PCE Question... #151590 08/02/05 05:14 PM
L
Lightshipfan Offline
L
Thanks Margret, this is exactly what I think. Everything that counts for me is enjoying this exchange and meet people, who love lighthouse postcards as much as I do!

Greetings
Iris

Re: International PCE Question... #151591 08/02/05 05:21 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Wow, that would be cool! Then maybe the post would actually COME when it is a blizzard! laugh

I have NO idea about the workings of European postal systems, but realised that I kind of "left you out" when I created the post. Geez, 6 weeks...do they send it around Cape Horn and over to Alaska, then bring it to us on mules? :rolleyes:

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,068 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users