cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What was this person thinking? #15145 02/02/03 10:46 PM
ga light man Offline OP
OP Offline
I was rambling around e-bay and I just couldn't believe it!West Quoddy, Cape Hatteras,and Buffalo,all damaged.The guy wrote in the description that the lightning rods and balls were removed because they weren't liked.You have got to be kidding me.What a shame about some wonderful pieces. A Cape Hatteras for crying out
loud.I thought you all might be interested in this.It has been awhile since I have had any time to post.Believe me the airline industry here in Ga.is alive and well,it keeps so busy at times.
Rick

Re: What was this person thinking? #15146 02/03/03 11:40 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
It's not uncommon to see HL's without a ventilator ball in some store displays. Especially, if the general public can reach into a display and handle a piece.

This also applies to HL's with free-standing trees. It doesn't take too much mishandling to break something off.

It's a real shame to see a damaged HL, especially the ones you mention in your above post. I would find it hard to believe that a person would actually cut a ventilator ball off a piece. My guess it's a cover up for mishandling. This person probably bought these items for a small price and is trying to make a profit on it.

smile Bob smile

Re: What was this person thinking? #15147 02/03/03 02:47 PM
P
plebetkin Offline
P
at least these posters on e-bay revealed that the items have been damaged. How many advertise an item as good to excellent condition without revealing or knowing that the item is not in that condition?

good friends mean good times

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users