Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Attention, newbies: please read #14671 06/16/00 01:10 AM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I know that some of you have just begun posting, and others of you are getting close to 50 posts, which means you graduate to wackodom. Once you become a wacko, we welcome you in general into the fold; but we also want you to know about the fairly new project that wackos are involved in. It is a way to help out a different lighthouse each year with our donations, through buying a special pin, which features an HL sculpture of that light.

Please read the more detailed explanation of this project in the posting titled "NEW--- 200l wacko pin --" on this Forum. If you will be a wacko soon, look at the deadline for sending in nominations and hop right in and have some serious FUN.

The hardest part for the committee is trying to figure out how many pins to order, as they can only be ordered once due to a fairly large minimum number required by the manufacturer. It is hard for us to predict how many newbies will graduate by the time we need to take pin orders.

So, I am going to ask you to help us. Please send an e-mail to one of our workers, Darlene Cook aka Ladybug at bugqueen@earthlink.net and register your real name, Forum name, and e-mail address with her. Then tell her how many posts you have as of the date you are contacting her. Do this in one month intervals please. When you become a wacko, please repeat this procedure.
Also tell her if you will be ordering a pin; and whether it will be one or two pins. The price will be about $15 for the 2001 pin.

This way she will be able to give us a more accurate picture of how many are close to graduating; how many new wackos are on her list; and how many have a long way to go but just might make 50 posts by the time we take pin orders.We want to include as many as are eligible.

If you have any questions, please contact me at the above profile address for ladylightkeeper.

And talking this up amongst the other newbies on the Welcome Forum would be a big help in getting the word out to those who are absolutely brand new to the Forums.

Welcome to the Forums and hope to see you with your diploma soon. Keep the Flame.

Barbara

------------------
ladylightkeeper

[This message has been edited by ladylightkeeper (edited 06-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ladylightkeeper (edited 06-16-2000).]

ladylightkeeper
Re: Attention, newbies: please read #14672 07/03/00 12:59 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Can you believe it, I have been posting for a few months now nad I just now noticed this post. It is very helpful and I will be contacting Ladybug to let her know where I'm at. Is there any chance to purchase a 2000 Wacko pin this year or are they already all sold?

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Attention, newbies: please read #14673 07/20/00 02:25 AM
J
Jo Ann/Texas Offline
J
Thanks,
All information appreciated.

Jo Ann/Texas
Re: Attention, newbies: please read #14674 07/20/00 12:50 PM
LamarB Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsTLC:
Is there any chance to purchase a 2000 Wacko pin this year or are they already all sold?

Yes, there are three remaining. If you're interested please email me at Lamar@gs.verio.net and I'll send you an order form.

Re: Attention, newbies: please read #14675 07/30/00 03:58 PM
RoyMcB Offline
Wacko
Wacko
My wife and I are also trying to learn our way around the forums. We had a great time with everyone in Rosemont and we are also interested in getting two pins from 2000 but we aren't sure if we will be able have enough posts in time. Please let us know. If we are too late we will keep trying for the 2001 pins. Thanks.

------------------
Roy McB

Roy & Carolyn
Re: Attention, newbies: please read #14676 07/31/00 01:26 PM
LamarB Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RoyMcB:
... and we are also interested in getting two pins from 2000 but we aren't sure if we will be able have enough posts in time. Please let us know. If we are too late we will keep trying for the 2001 pins. Thanks.

First, welcome to the Forums. It's a great place to learn both old and the latest information about Harbour Lights sculptures.

There is no time limit on purchasing the Wacko 2000 pin. There are still three remaining. As you approach your 50 posts please email me at the address above and if any are left at that time I'll email you an order form and hold the pins for you awaiting payment.

[This message has been edited by LamarB (edited 07-31-2000).]

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,299 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users