Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What's A Z*BASE? #14662 08/07/04 01:20 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
A place to put your phone, PDA, or MP3 player while it\'s recharging. Something new coming from Younger & Associates.

Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14663 08/07/04 02:04 PM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
You've got to be kidding!

Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14664 08/07/04 07:10 PM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Are the Younger's this desperate? What a piece of junk!

I'm sorry Bill, Nancy and Kim, but stick to Lighthouses!

Harbour Lights, Lighthouses (GREAT!) laugh
Anchor Bay, Lightships & USCG (GREAT!) laugh
Skybound, Hot Air Ballons (Not interested) frown
??????, Ornament Hangers (No Thanks) confused
A Z*BASE, (I DON'T THINK SO!) mad

IMHO

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14665 08/07/04 07:35 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
My opinion on this whole thing is "Let Bill and Company build anything they desire as long as they keep producing their quality lighthouses and ships/boats and keep them at an affordable price". I believe a company must diversify to a point to stay solvent and if this is Bill's way of doing it then so be it. Of course, I don't think I'll be buying them.

Rich
Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14666 08/07/04 09:04 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
I tend to agree with Rich. Diversification is critical for Y & A to survive and stay solvent. We are attracted to their lighthouses and the related Anchor Bay products. The balloons have done well for them. The ornament hangers are an established company that they purchased. While we may never purchase one of the charger bases, I hope lots of people do, so they can continue to bring us the great products we enjoy at a price we can accept. Look at it as those other products are helping to support your hobby.

Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14667 08/07/04 10:16 PM
Ron Offline
It's a joke, right????

Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14668 08/08/04 08:46 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Ladies and Gentlemen, ...Could I have your attention, please!

What the business known as Younger & Associates does with their investment future is their business. As long as they continue to produce quality lighthouses that maintain our interest and continue to keep this product fairly reasonable for all to enjoy, then we should be happy. I'm sure Bill, Nancy, and Kim aren't doing "signings" for this new product and aren't trying to sell it as a collectible. They are in business to make a profit. If they can make a profit on things like this Z*BASE, then God bless them with good fortune. Maybe the more they make on other ventures, the less they will have to make on HL's to survive in today's business world and they will be able to continue to cater to the HL Collector's needs.

cool Bob cool

P.S. There is always room at the CF to post info about any new products offered by Younger & Associates. I personally like to be informed about what they do.

Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14669 08/08/04 10:16 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I think it is a great idea.
I will take two. The cape Hatteras and the phone booth. This is not a new idea. I have had a resting pad for my cell for over two years. It is a little lawn chair to set your phone on.

I agree with Rich, Dave and Bob. But I will go one step farther. The lighthouse business is saturated and it is imperative that HL gets into other ways for making money. The Collectable business has been hurting for three years now and I don’t expect it to change in the near future. Even Harbour lights have switched all their new items to giftware and not collectables. Collectables tie a company down and does not allow them make what sells. That is why all the new line of HL’s is open. Make more Cape Hatteras and less Ida Lewis

The future of Harbour light limited editions will be to satisfy the few dedicated collectors and Harbour lights. Not to make money. As Harbour lights move into more of the less known lighthouses, the less that they will be able to sell.

I feel that all products of Harbour lights should be welcomed on this Forum. I want to know all about Harbour lights and knowing more about the company helps me know more about the product they are selling

DANIEL
Re: What's A Z*BASE? #14670 08/08/04 12:08 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I agree with the concept of letting us know about any product that Younger & Associates sells so that they can continue to make the Harbour Lights that we love the most.

I also agree with the concept that this product is a silly piece of unneeded fluff- but some will love it and I hope they sell a million of them so they can stay afloat.

I won't be a customer for this item, but it's good to know they are trying to diversify into many fields so as to not have all their financial eggs in one basket.

I do hope this diversification is not the reason for the disapointing way that the society Piece distribution has been done this year. I don't think there have ever been so many complaints about it in the past.

It's great to diversigy, but you can't lose sight of your main purpose. I personally have no complaint in this area- I got mine early and complete. My only complaint might be the number if I was superstitious. I got #666. It's been suggested by some that it was an approriate number for me. laugh

Dennis

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users