Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nice Thank You! #145449 07/24/09 01:30 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Recently I purchase a Harbour Lights piece on Ebay, which I do from time to time.

I didn't think nothing of it at the time, but did notice the seller id was Ancientmariner.

When the box arrived I noticed on the return address, Steve Kuhlman Sparta, NJ. Well I finally put two and two together and realized I had just bought a piece from Fred Kulhman's collection.

Knowing this was exciting. My collection was even more special having one of Fred's included.

In my feedback I noted this honor and this is an email response I got from Steve:

"Thank you for your note. I am grateful knowing that one of my father's lighthouse collection is going to someone who appreciates it for more than just a good value bought on eBay. My wife Gerry would often accompany my dad over the last few years and she told me about how much he enjoyed the company of his lighthouse friends. I am happy that you were able to share part of his treasures. Thank you. Kindest regards, Steve"

I missed out on meeting Fred, but I thought I's share this with those who did know him!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Nice Thank You! #145450 07/25/09 01:19 AM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Great story Loon! Fred lives on...

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Nice Thank You! #145451 07/25/09 02:36 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Fred taught his children well!

Re: Nice Thank You! #145452 07/25/09 02:44 AM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Would you care to share with us exactly which piece you purchased, Loon? I am the proud owner of a couple of Fred's pieces myself, his original Cape Hatteras, NC #100 and a beautiful made-in-California Old Point Loma, CA #99...I used to enjoy visiting Fred when he lived in San Jose, CA and browsing his wonderful collection.

Re: Nice Thank You! #145453 07/31/09 02:00 AM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Geez, you try to initiate a conversation around here and all you're greeted with is silence...no wonder nobody wants to post anymore...

Re: Nice Thank You! #145454 07/31/09 09:06 AM
Tread22 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Rock:
Geez, you try to initiate a conversation around here and all you're greeted with is silence...no wonder nobody wants to post anymore...
I want to post. Am I nobody? :p

Seriously though, I am sure that we have some members that are currently on vacation. Perhaps Loon is/was one of them. I doubt that you are being ignored. There is a possibility that the thread was forgotten due to the fact that others had been bumped above it. I am sure that there is an explanation for the lack of response. wink

I was asked in my welcome to the forum thread to identify the lighthouses in the pics I posted. In response, I decided to open the forum up for those that wished to guess which lights they were. I have yet to get a response, but I am not discouraged by it. Perhaps nobody saw that part of my post.

It is truly odd that a lighthouse enthusiast such as myself would live in one of the only 3 states east of the Mississippi that does not have a lighthouse. Go figure. :p
Re: Nice Thank You! #145455 07/31/09 11:17 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Sorry Rock, I didn't see your response.

I purchased the Cove Point, MD piece from his son.

I have been trying to get this one for a while now. Seems I always get outbidded. Funny thing is I was ready to go past the original price to land this one, but no bidding war stirred. I guess I was meant to get this one.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,133 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users