cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145164 07/22/99 10:21 PM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
Decided to purchase a retired HL from the Dutch auction of Lightkeepers. I e-mailed a request for price verification (auction started in May) two days ago, 2nd request yesterday . Still no response.

Does anyone know if this is an active site?? Don't want the money order if the piece isn't available. Person named on the site is Warren Diamond. Does he work alone?? On vacation??

Any info would help.

Thanks,

Donna

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145165 07/22/99 11:03 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Warren Diamond of Lighthouse Keeper has been out-of-touch for a few weeks with family health matters. I spoke with him today and he promises to get caught up sometime soon.

John

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145166 07/28/99 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our user name on eBay is Lightkeepers. We want to make sure that none of you out there who know us by that name think that this is us. It is not.

We hope Warren, the Lighthouse Keeper, is well, but we want to make sure that you don't confuse us with him.

Michael and Karen

[This message has been edited by Michael and Karen Power (edited 07-28-99).]

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145167 07/29/99 12:08 AM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Karen & Michael,

Sorry about my misspelling the 2nd HL source. I should have known it was The Lighthouse Keeper as I accessed these forums so many times thru his site.

I just find it frustrating to decide on a retired HL that I want. I could have tried to bid for it on e-bay and it was available at a higher price thru another marketplace posting. But I decided to try The Lighthouse Keeper. To this date I have received NO
information. I understand if there is a family problem. But put a message to that effect on your site. Or shut it down temporarily.

It is the only problem I've encountered with the secondary dealers I've dealt with.
All have been responsive and professional.

Perhaps someday I'll be purchasing a HL thru you at e-bay: lightkeepers. Again sorry for the mistake.

Donna

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145168 07/29/99 03:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Donna,

No problem at all. We hope you get the information and the HL that you want. We do understand your frustration as we have unfortunately experienced it ourselves in a number of our dealings with folks that utilize the forum Marketplace.

We are quite concerned about keeping our good reputation on eBay. We have bought from and sold to quite a few of the people who post and visit here. Our concern is that they not think we were flaking out or having problems.

We all can understand how family medical problems can be terribly disruptive to life and what we want to accomplish. As John indicated, guess the best bet is to just be patient as it sounds like Warren is trying to get things back on track.

It would be our pleasure to deal with you someday on an HL or more.

Michael and Karen

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145169 07/29/99 01:43 PM
LamarB Offline
FWIW. I've dealt with LighthouseKeepers several times without a hitch. I've always been pleased. Hopefully, Warren's family health problems will be resolved.

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145170 07/29/99 07:34 PM
LamarB Offline
Two hours or so after I posted the message above, UPS brought a LE from LighthouseKeepers which I ordered just a short time ago. Looks to me like Warren has things under control and back to normal.

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145171 07/29/99 11:44 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Warren is in North Carolina this week - should be back around the 4th of August.

John

Re: Lighthousekeepers 2nd source ???? #145172 07/29/99 11:53 PM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all on the background with the Lighthouse Keepers secondary market site.
Of course family problems take precedence over a web site. I was just surprised that Warren had no back-up during these busy times.
I first found his site during a HL search back in Feb. At that time his site was inactive due to vacation which was fairly lengthy. But in checking back frequently I stumbled onto his link for the forums. Best thing to ever happen to a new HL collector!!
The retired HL I wanted to buy is just one of many I wish to add to our collection. I monitor e-bay, check the other secondary dealers and forums marketplace and make a decision where I think I'll get the best deal. Once I make that decision I want the light. So the lack of reponse was frustrating.
My feeling is that when Warren finally catches up with his e-mail most of the HLs still listed on his site will have already been sold as he probably isn't updating the list or site due to his family problems.
There will be other opportunities to buy this light I'm sure.

Donna

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,040 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users