DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The Top Ten on Ebay for the week 09/05/04
Sorry running behind

This week the top Ten highest priced Harbour Lights are:

1. ST. Georges Reef California # 115 $159.10
Sellers descriptions read as the following: Unmarked of 5500, No Original Box, Gray Felt 1/8th of an inch from the edge. No Original Styrofoam packaging. No scratches, breaks or cracks on this piece! Obvious the seller doesn’t know what he has. And looking at the bid many collectors didn’t know either. This is definitely an Artist proof. To say if it is a California or Canadian Artist proof totally lies on the felt. The description of the felt describes a Canadian made. But I have my doubts that it is an accurate description. We will need a picture from Bob to determine its origin. But from pictures of others that has been sold and from the one I have received I believe that this would follow the trend and be a California made Artist Proof. The thing that really makes a California made Artist Proof special is that they were hand painted by Tori Dawn.

2. NAVESINK NJ #200 $158.05
One went for $149 last week. Looks like $150 to $160 is the going price.

3. Buffalo New York #122 $152.50
Another Artist Proof from the same seller that sold the AP ST George.
But this one has written under it “Paint Sample”. Another rare Artist Proof for a song.
I feel that it always adds an extra punch to an Artist Proof’s value when they have something written under it. Like “paint sample or proto type. This is the Artist proof that the Younger Family used to reviews the colors.
Its value in my opinion is $350 to $500.

4.Kilauea HI#622 ARTIST PROOF $154.01
This is the Going price for an AP. $100 to $200 I personally feel that it is a little low for the fact it is an event piece.

5. 1995 STAMP SERIES 5 LIGHTHOUSE $134.99
Complete set of matching numbers and original packaging. 37% of retail, I would call this one a bargain. I bought my from the dealer for $362 plus tax.

6. Lighthouse Portland Breakwater, ME #130 $132.50
#844 in excellent condition and comes with original Castle Studio box. This is actually higher than the Canadian 130 that I bought three years ago. I have been telling you all for years, that Canadians with original boxes hold their secondary market value. The Sky is not falling for the Canadians.

7. New London Ledge SIGNED# 129 $130.00
#3906 blue water. The think the seller did well with this price. I bought my #129 in 97 for $150.

8. HILLSBORO INLET FL #225 $129.95
It is #6192 and is showing a secondary market increase of 5% over its retail value.
It is not unusual to see the newly retired Southern Bells have a market demand.

9. Myrtle Beach Vacation @ Harbour Lights $129
5 days at Fantasy Harbor complex at Myrtle Beach. This is a bargain. I know this is a motel not a harbour Light. The seller misspelled Harbor either accidentally or purposely. Ebay Sellers know how popular Harbour Lights are and sometimes purposely misspell Harbor to get the attention of Harbour light buyers.

10. Harbour Lights 4th Order Fresnel Lens $129
This sells go for $150 at the dealers. I feel that all new lighthouses should be sold at the retail stores and leave ebay for the retired collectables.

DANIEL
Re: Top Ten on Ebay for the week of 09/05/04 #143277 09/14/04 10:45 AM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
I believe that this would follow the trend and be a California made Artist Proof.
Daniel,

You are 100% correct. The St. Georges Reef, #115, is unquestionably a California made Artist Proof. The paint is perfect and not retouched as far as I can tell. I feel it could only have been done by Tori Dawn. The felt is grey and in perfect condition. There is no evidence of it ever having been removed.

However, I would almost venture to guess that the felt was added later. Why? Because there is absolutely no dirt or grime on it. If I were a gambling man, I would bet that with the removal of the grey felt one would find Tori's signature underneath. I'll leave that to the next owner after I enter the great beyond.

Bob

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,079 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users