Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143268 08/24/08 10:35 AM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The Wisconsin Point sold on ebay for $79.55 and they are not even retired yet. The seller made a $14.55 profit with a non-retired lighthouse. Not bad.

WP on ebay

DANIEL
Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143269 08/24/08 11:43 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Well it would have been a bit better if the listing was just a bit misleading.

As you yourself say the piece is not retired but the listing says it is.

The bidders have the need to check things out for themselves, though. It's not that hard to do a search and find this site.

Dennis

Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143270 08/24/08 03:17 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Well it would have been a bit better if the listing was just a bit misleading.

As you yourself say the piece is not retired but the listing says it is.
Splitting hairs??? Harbour Lights sold them all to us. They won't be making any more. Does that count as an unofficial retirement?

smile Bob

Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143271 08/24/08 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The flag #23, I thought, would have brought a higher price. Then again, it may be the time of year when it was listed. I looked at eBay and was amazed, shocked and encouraged at the same time. At my age multi-tasking can be dangerous, especially if you have advanced CRS. The prices were good news to new collectors and those looking for retired pieces but sad to see a Thomas Point , LE, going for a song.

Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143272 08/24/08 04:02 PM
Middle I-land MI Max Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Are you still doing any of your more extensive ebay reports anymore Daniel, or have I missed seeing them? I really enjoyed the ones about HL you've done in the past. Maybe the ebay sales news is too depressing nowadays for HL collector's.

Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143273 08/24/08 04:22 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
By Harbour Lights definition of retired, the Wisconsin Point lighthouse is a retired Harbour Lights Lighthouse. For example the HL191 Thomas Point was retired before the first one was delivered to a store, because they all were sold by HL to stores. The forums are a HL store for the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse and no longer available from HL when they were all delivered to Dave.

There should have always been the category of retired but still available and then maybe if there was a way to know, retired and gone from stores.

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143274 08/24/08 06:05 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Are you still doing any of your more extensive ebay reports anymore Daniel, or have I missed seeing them? I really enjoyed the ones about HL you've done in the past. Maybe the ebay sales news is too depressing nowadays for HL collector's.
I'm with you, Max! I always looked forward to Dan's "eBay reports". I used to be a faithful follower of Ebay in the past. I would visit that site several times a day. Now I look about once a month if that. From what I've seen in my last couple of visits, the news isn't good. Maybe that's why Dan doesn't bother spreading the depressing news.

:rolleyes: Bob

Re: WISCONSIN POINT already on Ebay #143275 08/24/08 07:14 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by WackoPaul:
By Harbour Lights definition of retired, the Wisconsin Point lighthouse is a retired Harbour Lights Lighthouse. For example the HL191 Thomas Point was retired before the first one was delivered to a store, because they all were sold by HL to stores. The forums are a HL store for the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse and no longer available from HL when they were all delivered to Dave.

There should have always been the category of retired but still available and then maybe if there was a way to know, retired and gone from stores.
I stand corrected, apparently.

I still think that this distinction would be lost on many bidders, though.

I do still believe, though, that it is incumbent on all bidders to ascertain the true value of what they are bidding on and these people could have easily found out that there weres till pieces available at retail price for them to buy instead of paying a premium for the item.

Dennis

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,322 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users