Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Do you have HL's to sell? #142668 11/18/07 03:52 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It's no secret that I started offering some of my collection at the Trading Post, here at the CF. Buying, selling, and trading are all part of this hobby of collecting Harbour Lights. Although it's not really profitable in most cases, it's fun to move some pieces out and perhaps get some more pieces in.

Most of us here at the CF have established collections and are not really looking to fill in with missing pieces. Often times we buy to add different or rarer pieces to our collections. It's a good thing to a collector to own a rare piece even if its only for a period of time and then that piece moves on to another collection.

I'm sure it's no secret to any of us that the survival of this fine line of collectibles is finding new people that may have an interest in collecting HL's. If you can instill the flame in them, they may become the serious collector our future depends on.

What I would like to see are a few more people offering creative deals at the Trading Post to bring the new collectors into the family of connected collectors. I don't mean putting your whole collection there at giveaway prices. What I mean is offering a package deal or two that people can afford and may be the catalyst that leads them to a desire to add to their collections.

If we have a steady offering of quality pieces at fair prices we may get more visits from the people who only stop by occasionally at best. Most of the pieces will probably be those that are not currently offered at HL Dealers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are too many old pieces lingering on dealer's shelves any more. I would think those older HL's are now unavailable at 90% of the dealers. The only source for the treasures of the past are from us or eBay.

Take a look at your inventory and see what you would be willing to part with at a fair price. I'm not asking anyone to give HL's away but it wouldn't hurt to have the Trading Post become the source for some great secondary market deals before you gamble on eBay. Such input from our fellow CF members makes this site that much more interesting and appealing for those who are new to collecting.

What do you think?

keyboard Bob

Re: Do you have HL's to sell? #142669 11/18/07 05:32 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm still a rather newbie at collecting HL's, so I do have alot of holes to fill in my collection.

Other then what I can buy at my local HL dealer, I like to give my business to him first, I think the Trading Post is the best place to find older HL's. I do shop Ebay, but first look to the CF's Trading Post.

The Trading Post is also free of selling charges. No listing fees, final sale charges, etc.

I look forward to seeing what's for sale in the Trading Post.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,086 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users