Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Secondary Market Guide #142508 11/10/02 12:14 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Just received in the mail today a new secondary market price guide. It is fairly accurate as guides can be for the ever changing market for Harbour Lights. It has dedicated 3 pages(small print) to Harbour Lights. The book is The 2003 Collector's Mart Price Guide to Contemporary Collectibles and Limited Editions. It is from Krause Publications and sells for $21.95. The toll free number is 1-800-258-0929. The person responsible for Harbour Lights values is Matt Rothman. It's the 2nd year that I have bought this guide and I'm pretty happy with it as there is no other way of proving values of pieces for insurance purposes, damage for shipping claims and just general collection value purposes.

Rich cool

Rich
Re: New Secondary Market Guide #142509 11/10/02 08:24 AM
ga light man Offline
Good information Rich.Thanks and I will give them a call
Rick

Re: New Secondary Market Guide #142510 11/10/02 09:05 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Any idea on how they came up with values? Do they do averaging over time from eBay sales? Are they taking prices from the old Greenbook Guide to Harbour Lights and reducing them by certain percentages?

I always figured the true value of something is somewhere between what a person is willing to give you for it and what you are willing to sell it for.

Everyone wants to pay less and sell for more. Who decides what's fair?

confused Bob confused

Re: New Secondary Market Guide #142511 11/10/02 10:51 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Bob,

Matt Rothman runs a secondary market website and advertises in the The Lighthouse Depot Magazine. His prices in the last two issues of this secondary market guide seem fair from what I seen sold on ebay. The prices on the collector's forums are lower then what's in the book, but, as we all know everyone on the forums is expecting a DEAL and won't buy until the prices are low, low, low. The forum prices are not the true value of pieces as far as I'm concerned and because of this I buy the guide so I can know the TRUE value of my collection. Check out the guide before you consider buying it by going to the library. This is where I first found it last year and I'm really impressed with it. It also carries about 900 pages of other collectibles including Cheryl Spencer Collins and Lefton Lighthouse. If you want to look at something depressing, look at their secondary market prices versus retail cost. Just be thankful that you bought Harbour Lights, the CADILLAC OF LIGHTHOUSES.

Rich cool

Rich

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 842 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users