cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Resource for complaints against problem sellers #142183 08/31/99 11:17 AM
DocJ44 Offline OP
OP Offline
After reading the final post of the first thread, I had decided to go back and edit out the name of the seller with whom I had the problem, so the discussion could continue. However, it was prematurely closed before I had the opportunity, so I will reopen a thread relating to the same general topic without resorting to specific names of sellers. It is an issue that still needs to be addressed.

Since I opened the original thread, I volunteer to take responsibilty for serving as a resource for complaints. As the final post on "Warning of Ebay Seller!" thread indicates there is already a resource on ebay for complaints. However, the problem with this is that sometimes our user names on ebay are different than our user names here. In addition, this does not speak at all to potential problems in the Marketplace of this forum.

If you have a problem with a seller, you can email me the following:
1. Screen name and email address of the seller.
2. Your Screen name.
3. Concise description of the problem.

I can keep a list of names of potential problem sellers. It can be done anonymously so there is no bickering amoung people...which is painfully obvious in the ebay feedback forum. If anyone is interested in knowing about the reputation of a particular seller (as far as members of this forum are concerned) before buying, they can check with me and I will give them what information I have about that seller.

Doc John

Doc John
Re: Resource for complaints against problem sellers #142184 08/31/99 02:36 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
That's a good idea Doc John but don't forget how easy it is to change your ebay(computer) name and email address, and add phony testimonials. I only had one bad experience out of about 50 and the seller made good on the reparation. Hopefully there are only a few bad guys out there?

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Resource for complaints against problem sellers #142185 08/31/99 10:19 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
Thanks Doc, I was really perturbed that the post had been closed. I found it interesting. I guess censorship is everywhere. I will contact you and, hopefully, other people will pass along information to you also.

Joanne

Re: Resource for complaints against problem sellers #142186 09/06/99 01:56 AM
DocJ44 Offline OP
OP Offline
After a few replies, the good news is that (as suspected) there appears to be very few bad transactions. There are no complaints reported involving sellers from our Marketplace. The bad news is that there is already one duplicate. I guess everyone's buying experience isn't so unique afterall!
Thanks for the input from those who have emailed me...you're interest will help others.

Doc John

Doc John
Re: Resource for complaints against problem sellers #142187 09/06/99 08:46 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Doc, ... I'm on eBay quite often. If you develope an email list to warn buyers of certain seller's poor business practices, let me know. I would like to receive those warnings. "A word to the wise is sufficient!"

Bob

Re: Resource for complaints against problem sellers #142188 11/22/99 03:37 AM
DocJ44 Offline OP
OP Offline
As a reminder...if you have any problems with sellers on ebay, our marketplace, or other secondary market source please let me know. If you have any question about the reputation about a dealer who you are about to do business with, you can also feel free to contact me and I will give you any information about them that I have.

Doc John

Doc John

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users