Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Forget eBay, shop here! #141934 02/03/02 10:01 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
There have been some super deals at the CF's Marketplace. I only wish that I was just starting to collect and not sitting on an extensive collection. (Note: I'm not actually seated on them because that might break some of the ventilator balls off, seriously reducing their value.)

It you follow HL secondary market sales, you would get the general impression that some people are bailing out. The economy is down and so isn't collecting in general. It's kind of like buying stocks at a $100 a share and selling them at $50 a share when the market is down. All the brokers tell them hold on, don't sell, you must stay in it for the long run.

Is HL in it for the long run? I would definitely say, yes.

Will HLs increase in value ten years from now? Some will, some won't.

Will the diehard HL collectors eventually have to reduce the size of their collections because those storage units are getting more expensive to pay for each month? That might be a distinct possibility.

I have a rather large collection including several duplicates. Somehow I can't resist buying a duplicate HL when it's a real deal. The problem being is where do you put them all? I've bought more curios, I've built shelves, I even put an addition on the house. What's next? A sign out front stating, "NEW HOME OF HARBOUR LIGHTS' EAST COAST WAREHOUSE"?

Oh well...time will tell...but for now the whole collection stays put.

Bob

Re: Forget eBay, shop here! #141935 02/03/02 12:05 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Amen to that. If I were just starting out I would definately look at the Marketplace first before buying off E-bay. There are some fantastic deals there and while you may not know the person that is selling, they are staking their reputation if they cheat someone. The forums may be huge in numbers but it is small for other things. With E-bay there is no real recourse if something is misrepresented and at least on the Marketplace you SHOULD be dealing with people that know their pieces.

Rich

Rich
Re: Forget eBay, shop here! #141936 02/12/02 11:03 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Darn it! I should have started collecting later in life...like now. I could have taken advantage of some super deals at the Marketplace here at the CF.

Bob

Re: Forget eBay, shop here! #141937 02/13/02 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's more fun dealingwith real collectors. I will wheel and deal when I know that a true collector needs a certain duplicate. I like to trade for one I want rater than sell anyway. Forget e-Bay!

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 811 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users