Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Welcome lgthouselady #137478 03/23/10 11:55 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome to the best lighthouse site on the web. We can always come up with an answer to your question or questions about Harbour Lights and we would appreciate any comments or ideas you have. So, don't hesitate to ask and we won't be bashful to answer and please give us your ideas on everything concerning lighthouses and associated topics.

Please take the time to tell us about yourself, your hobbies and your interests such as photography, reading, travelling and lighthouse activities. If your interested in postcards or games, we have internal Forums for exchanging postcards and playing lighthouse games. We also have an internal Forum for selling, buying and trading Harbour Lights products and we have a dealer Forum for our Dealers that are members to advertise their special and events.

Also, please check out our new Collector's Forums Exclusive from Harbour Lights made for and sold exclusively by our Forums. The price is $65.00 for one and $60.00 for each additional piece ordered at the same time($65.00 for one, $125.00 for two, $185.00 for three, etc.). Shipping costs are included in the prices. Read all about what you need to know, how to order and how to send your money by clicking this link http://www.lighthouse-events.com/forums/. If this link is still down, you may also contact me directly and I will furnish you with an alternate method for ordering this exclusive piece.

The money that we raise selling this exclusive of 500 pieces is used to support our yearly Forums server cost and approximately 50% goes to lighthouse preservation. There is no money going to anyone on the Forums for their services in any form of gratuity. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

Rich
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137479 03/23/10 04:33 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
lgthouselady, welcome to the Collector's Forums!! Hope you post often with your lighthouse questions, interests and adventures.
Rick

Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137480 03/23/10 05:25 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome aboard, lgthouselady!

smile Bob

Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137481 03/23/10 06:07 PM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
We live in a little farming town SE of Phoenix and my husband works downtown Phoenix. It's raining and cold right now if you can believe it. I have 3 children and 5 granddaughters. We enjoy sightseeing and finding new adventures.The year we were able to go to the HL Regional in Portland, Maine we flew in and out of Philadelphia, got a rental car and drove south as far as Ocracoke and then started north again to the Event. We visited and climbed many lighthouses, and I didn't count the ones we saw on the boat trips. We drove 3200 miles in that rental car seeing what we could see besides going to the Event. I enjoy reading, and also am taking saxophone lessons.

Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137482 03/23/10 06:54 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome to the Forums! Wow, so many lighthouses you didn't count them? Jump on in....

Laura
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137483 03/23/10 08:43 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Howdy lgthouselady,

Welcome aboard. It's great to see that you have elected to join the Collector Forums. Have fun and enjoy. You will meet many interesting fellow lighthousers along the way. If you have questions, just ask. Someone is bound to know the answers or will be able to accomplish the necessary research to discover the answers.

bobo

Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137484 03/24/10 12:09 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
welcome Lgthouselady !!!

Hope you enjoy the forums and post often.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

cheers

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137485 03/24/10 03:49 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
welcome lgthouselady

So glad to have you join us here in the forums. Welcome to the Family of Lighthouse Lovers and WACKO's! No one here knows all the answers, but someone here will, and/or will always try to help find an answer, to any question you may have.

Sometimes the answer may just be an opinion and we don't always agree. But that's ok, because here in the forums all opinions count. So please don't hesitate to exspress yours!

Again welcome And post ofton!

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137486 03/25/10 04:03 PM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
We had an experience last October in our travels that was so awesome, however,it was so unexpected and pitch dark we have no pictures. We were on our way home from vacation to the Seattle, WA area when we had this experience. We were driving back to Phoenix via the OR and CA coastline and it was taking much longer than expected so we were driving into the night. We were in Oregon and I was driving when my husband said,"I think we are near Heceta Head lighthouse." Presently, there was a sign that said Heceta Head and I thought, Oh he does know where he is. I was so busy driving the curves I didn't realize where we were. Soon I found a place to pull off the road. We saw the light so got out of the car and stood in an open place with no bushes or trees and all of a sudden the full beam of Heceta Head's 1st order lens came across our whole bodies. We just stood there for a few minutes taking this in. I would have never imagined this, "as who drives by lighthouses at night". But we had visited and climbed this lighthouse many times. The highway was apparently the same height as the lens. Amazing unforgettable experience.

Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137487 03/25/10 04:09 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Was it a big turnout along the road? I think I know right where you were. Unfortunately the week I was there the light at Heceta was out. Great memory!

Laura
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137488 03/25/10 04:54 PM
P
Pixie Offline
P
The most awesome sight is to sit on the bench on a pitch black night, underneath that 1st order, and see the spokes. The spot where you saw it is lit up, across the water from the lighthouse. If you have never spent a night at the Heceta Head Bed and Breakfast rewrite your wish list and make it #1.

Pixie
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137489 03/25/10 05:52 PM
ktamlin Offline
lgthouselady

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

John & Karen
Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137490 03/25/10 06:14 PM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
Laura,we were the only car there. I would love to Stay at that Bed and Breakfast. Will certainly keep that in mind. The light has been out several times. The first time I knew about was once when I climbed it the person telling about the light explained that vandals had damaged several of the prisms and they had to be sent for repair/replacement (I can't remember which)so there was a temporary replacement automated light. He explained that if the lens had been used while damaged like that it would have given off the wrong signal and the ships seeing it for guidance would not have known their right location.

Re: Welcome lgthouselady #137491 03/25/10 08:41 PM
P
Pixie Offline
P
The Coast Guard, not the B&B, makes the decision to turn the light off. It is a magical spot, even when the light is not on.

Pixie

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,768 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users