Next Thread
Print Thread
Questions..can anyone help? #13430 07/29/98 05:09 PM
B
Bob Cappuccio Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello all,
First this is a great forum..love all the letters and little tidbits of info.Is it possible there are more then 1 lighthouse without a seahorse on it?I know Macquariehas been mentioned tons of times..and my eyes hurt from trying to find that one..also Lorain seems to be a toughie..St.George's reef is another..shall I go on? Anyone know if they have admitted to not puttin them on there?Also anyone find out any news about the Greenbook for Harbour Lights yet? Was supposed to be out last month but nothing yet.Thanks alot!
Bob

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13431 07/30/98 09:02 AM
J
Jeff Hix Offline
J
Hi Bob,

They are there. You just have to look for them and having a good imagination helps. You will find that some are well-defined and easy to spot. Others are kind of sloppy, still others are well-hidden, and lately they have taken to using partial seahorses.

I have yet to find the one on Macquarie myself. John's list says it might be in one place, my wife swears she sees it on top of one of the smaller domes, and I just don't know.

St George's Reef is pretty easy: Start at the end of the building opposite the stairs. Look 3/4" away from the building and 1/2" to the left of the center of the building. The seahorse is not well-defined, but you should be able to see the general shape.

It took me a long time to find the one on Lorain. (Make a note John, I forgot to send this one to you.)

Turn the lighthouse so that the side with the steps going down to the water are facing you. In the center of the base is what looks like a large crack. At the bottom of the crack (here is where a good light and a magnifying device are required) is a V-shaped indentation. The seahorse is clearly on the right side. You can see the head and at the very bottom you can see the tail curling towards you.

So don't give up - they are out there.

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13432 07/30/98 06:18 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Ask Bill or any of the Youngers about the seahorses and you're likely to hear "Seahorse? What seahorse?" while they deny any knowledge. Of course we know better. It's been said (by BY) that the ONLY lighthouse without a seahorse is the original Southeast Block Island... And then some say it might be hidden under that overturned boat. Anybody want to ship off the boat to see?

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13433 07/30/98 07:00 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
Quote:
Anybody want to ship off the boat to see?

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000011.html

I'm simply appalled that no one is three-hundred-some-odd-dollars worth of curious to find out. I volunteer you JC to extend your fame and notariety by exorcising the boat from SEBL.

("Clamp. Good. Ok, now, Paul - gently, gently, hand me the pliers.")

You could hook-up the ol' Harbour-Cam and do it on-line! Better make it pay-per-view or we might get an Internet brown-out as surely millions would watch.

Rgds,
Nurse Ratchett [promising to be vewy vewy kwiet ]

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13434 07/30/98 08:51 PM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
I will be the first to offer up $10 to the collection plate for the on-line exorcism of John's SEBI. You have a winning idea there Tim.

PS: I will also donate $15 from the HL Museum of Marketing Memorabilia and Goodies Of Obsolete Displays (HLmmmGood) for the exorcised boat to be placed in the museum after the operation (g)

-RodW

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13435 07/31/98 09:22 AM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Didn't it say somewhere in the rules that the money John received from us for our "Keeper Status" would be used to find the seahorse on S.E.B.I. ? If not, does any else think it is a good idea?

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13436 07/31/98 12:34 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I'm simply appalled that no one is three-hundred-some-odd-dollars worth of curious to find out. I volunteer you JC to extend your fame and notariety by exorcising the boat from SEBL.
You could hook-up the ol' Harbour-Cam and do it on-line! Better make it pay-per-view or we might get an Internet brown-out as surely millions would watch.

Now those sound like do-able ideas Tim!!! I like the PPV and the 'live video' ideas. Of course I COULD save the $375 for the SE Block by using a GLOW version! (Hmmm. with fuzzy video, who'd know? And afterwards I could sell it to the scrap dealer!)

Quote:
Didn't it say somewhere in the rules that the money John received from us for our "Keeper Status" would be used to find the seahorse on S.E.B.I. ?

...those words were 'exhorsized' from the agreement long ago!

0 :>) St. John of the Internet, Webmaster

P.S. Anybody out there have a BROKEN Southeast Block they want to give up to this project?

P.P.S. When I said "Anybody want to SHIP off..." I meant "Anybody want to CHIP off.." (Just to make everything chipshape.)

[This message has been edited by JChidester.]

Re: Questions..can anyone help? #13437 07/31/98 07:57 PM
B
Bob Hays Offline
B
Go ahead John. Mary will repair the damages for a price

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,251 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users