Print Thread
Tampa Collector looking for area collectors #133121 08/18/99 10:41 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Here's an email sent to Harbour Lights:

Quote:
Your Harbour Lights Website is Fantastic! I can't stay away from it! I am a Maine native who moved to Florida twenty years ago.

I go back to visit on the average of three times or four times a year. I have been chasing lighthouses for years! I spent the month of July there and managed to visit six that I had not sees before. One was East Quoddy on Campabello Island in Canada, which will be the Xmas lighthouse for 1999.It was absolutely breathtaking ! I can't wait to get it! Also visited West Quoddy. I just acquired the Harbour Lights version of this one.

My first introduction to "Harbour Lights" when I visited in Maine in October of 1998. We were in Wells and just happened to pass Lighthouse Depot. Needless to say, I HAD to stop! That did it! I fell in love with Harbour Lights!

I was so confused by so many that I didn"t know which ones I wanted to buy first. I went back the next day and purchased four. I now have sixty-four, with three more on the way!

I would like to hear from people in my area who collect Harbor Lights.

kiki321kmg@aol.com
Kay Guimond
Seminole, Fl., (Tampa Bay Area)

I'm emailing her a link to this forum.
John

Re: Tampa Collector looking for area collectors #133122 08/19/99 10:15 PM
RFoster Offline
Hi Kay and welcome to the best place in all the world to meet other Harbour Lights collectors. Mary Jane (my wife) and I traveled to East and West Quoddy lights for the first time in June. We also thought that they were fantastic. We love Maine and try to visit at least once a year. This time we went with friends, and fellow HL collectors Shirley & Ron Drummer, from Seymour, CT. Went a total of 1500 miles and saw 32 lighthouses (all Maine except three). I look forward to hearing from you in the future on these forums. Good Luck lighthousing.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Tampa Collector looking for area collectors #133123 08/19/99 10:20 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Kay!

Welcome to the forums. You will find a ton of information here, but best of all you will find other collectors, just like yourself, who eat, sleep, and breathe Harbour Lights!

We are all friends here, and I know there are some forum frequenters out there that are from Florida, like you.

Again, Welcome

-Todd

Re: Tampa Collector looking for area collectors #133124 08/19/99 11:27 PM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
Hi Kay, I'm not exactly in your area, but not too far. I'm in west palm about 3.5 hr from you. Have you had a chance to check out any of the 30 lighthouses we have here in Fl? If you get on this coast let me Know, I'm 1/2 way between hillsbourgh & jupiter.

Re: Tampa Collector looking for area collectors #133125 08/20/99 08:47 AM
Lighthousedude Offline
Hello Kay!!

Welcome to the wonderful, crazy world of Harbour Lights wackos!

Looking forward to your news and views.

Re: Tampa Collector looking for area collectors #133126 08/26/99 07:07 PM
kikigl Offline
Hi Everyone!
Im so sorry that I couldn't answer you kind words before, but I was having a problem with my computor and I couldn't get on line. Thanks so much for anwering my request. Isn't Harbour Lights grand? You are right about eating, sleeping, and breathing it! Yes Gail, I have seen some of the Florida lighthouses and am looking forward to seeing more in the near future. Ron, next time you're in Maine stop at Lighthouse Depot in Wells Beach. It has the largest collection of lighthouses in the world. Looking forward to hearing from you all again soon. Thanks again. Kay

------------------

Kay

Kay

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,363 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users