Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where are you from? #132587 04/02/99 09:41 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This is usually the first stop for people "surfing" this site and it would be interesting to see where you are from. It would also be interesting to know how you found us.

Are you currently a Harbour Lights (HL) Collector?

Are you interested in Lighthouses (LH) but haven't thought about collecting replicas?

Do you collect other brands of Lighthouses but was curious what Harbour Lights (HL) has to offer?

Take a moment to leave a reply but remember you have to register first. It's easy to do. Just look above and click on the word "register", and follow the directions from there.

Welcome aboard! It is our hope you will check this Forum and the Harbour Lights site every day.

Re: Where are you from? #132588 04/12/99 09:58 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
I'm from MI. and wife and I enjoy lighthouses and our lower level of our condo is all NAUTICAL and LIGHTHOUSES wer headed to Maine in two days to check Maines out.
Larry

Larry
Re: Where are you from? #132589 04/12/99 11:34 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Ikeasyliving: Hope you and your wife have a great trip. You certainly have a lot of lighthouses to see in Maine. Be sure to give us a report in the forum when you return!

Re: Where are you from? #132590 04/13/99 09:56 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Hi Larry, ... Good luck on your trip to Maine. It is certainly a beautiful area with reasonably easy access to many lights. Bring plenty of film when you visit Portland Head and Cape Neddick (Nubble). The photo opportunities at these two lights are endless.

Have a great trip and drop us a line to let us know how you made out.

Bob

Re: Where are you from? #132591 04/13/99 04:03 PM
P
pepper17 Offline
P
Larry, hope you enjoy Maine. You will be in our neck of the woods when you visit Portland Head, Spring Pt. and Portland Breakwater. Cool this week bring that sweatshirt along you will need it. Have a great trip. Bear

Re: Where are you from? #132592 04/13/99 07:48 PM
T
TURBO271 Offline
T
Maine is a great place to visit lighthouses. So many are assessible and they make for great photographs. There is Lighthouse Depot in Wells, Maine for all your lighthouses needs.Also the Shore Village Museum in Rockland is must stop for lighthouse enthusiasts. Have a nice time Lighthousing.

Re: Where are you from? #132593 04/13/99 09:34 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
One of the reasons were going to Maine besides the Lighthouses is going to the "DEPOT" A couple of weeks ago I asked Kathy were sould we go for our long weekend coming up she said lets go to the lighthouse store!! I looked at her a little funny and said thats in Maine she said I know and I said OK lets go so we leave tomorrow for a fast trip
let you know how it went
LARRY

Larry
Re: Where are you from? #132594 04/14/99 12:54 AM
DeDo Offline
To answer Bob's original ?. I am from
NY. Registered as # 425, but have just
been absorbing all the info from the forums.
Tonite I posted my 1st replies after a couple of failed attempts. It didn't like my password. Now I am on a roll.
Received my 1st HL in Sept. as a
anniversary gift. Always loved lighthouses
& visiting them but never was aware of HL.
Now have 16 with Rose island arriving
tommorow.
Kept checking thr lighthousetraders
site during the vacation break in March but
never scrolled down on the left side to see
the HL & forum links. Stumbled onto it one
day and was hooked. So much good info
for a newbie like me.
I realized very quickly that I'm not the only person to be nuts about lighthouses.

Re: Where are you from? #132595 04/14/99 01:49 AM
drwhok9 Offline
Hello from Wixom, Mi. I am new to the collector forums, but not to Harbour Lights and the Web site. I have been collecting HL lighthouses for about 6 years and have about 25 large and small in my collection. I hope to meet and "talk" to collectors through this forum. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Jim
Dr. Who ?
Re: Where are you from? #132596 04/14/99 09:54 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome "DeDo" and "drwhok9"! You folks are off to a great start! If you have HL collecting in your blood, you've come to the right spot.

Interaction is the name of the game. Post and reply often and you'll get to now the regulars really quick.

Don't forget to join in on the chats that are posted on the Harbour Lights web site. They are lots of fun and very informative.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 04-14-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132597 04/26/99 11:18 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
I am originally from New York, but I have lived in Orlando, FL, now for 12 years. I was looking on Ebay and saw my first Harbour Lights piece and knew that was what I wanted to collect. I haven't been to a real lighthouse yet, but I'm planning to soon.

I am having so much fun reading the forum and leaving messages. Thanks for the help and advice.

How do I find out what my member number is?

[This message has been edited by Joanne (edited 04-26-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132598 04/27/99 08:25 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Hi Joanne, ...Welcome to the forum! There are no "member #'s" in the forum. The counter just lets all of us know how many people are registered to post topics and replies. If you are considering collecting Harbour Lights I would urge you to visit the HL web site and get the info on joining the HL Collector's Society. It will be the best $30 you could ever spend on a collectible.

Once again, "Welcome aboard!"

Bob

Re: Where are you from? #132599 04/27/99 11:50 PM
N
NiagaraLady Offline
N
We began collecting Harbour Lights last September after a trip to Maine and have become "obsessed" with the hunt to find the 5500 series. We live in NY - near Ft. Niagara, Buffalo and Thirty-Mile Point lighthouses - grand in all four seasons!

This is a wonderful informative site - keep up the good work!

Re: Where are you from? #132600 05/03/99 11:57 PM
Kat Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Joanne,
Bob is right, it is the best $30 you will ever spend. Collecting HL is so much fun, but meeting all the COOL people who also collect HL is the BEST!! You couldn't ask for a friendlier forum or a nicer bunch of people to associate with, especially the Younger family!! What gracious folks they are, and can they ever throw a party/reunion. Hope to see you on chat!!

Kat {=^+^=}

KAT {=*+*=}
Re: Where are you from? #132601 05/05/99 08:08 PM
D
Ddrule Offline
D
Hi all!! New to Harbour Lights. I have just started collecting and love it. My husband and I also take lighthouse trips. Just went to the Pensacola Light in Pensacola Florida. We went on monday only to find the light was only open on Sunday. It was very pretty!! I found out that the light is in use and guides ships into the channel. Worth the trip!! I am so glad to meet and talk to other lighthouse lovers.

Take care,
Amber

Re: Where are you from? #132602 05/05/99 10:14 PM
RFoster Offline
Welcome Amber,

Sorry that you missed going inside the lighthouse on your trip. You'll find that this website is an excellent place to get to know others who share your enthusiasm for lighthouses. I'm glad that you left a message and look forward to talking with you in the future.

Ron

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Where are you from? #132603 05/06/99 11:46 AM
Q
QC Offline
Q
Hi Everyone! I have been collecting HL since '95. It seems I have always been fascinated by LH. Barnegat Light Lighthouse is my favorite, and was my 1st HL. I now have 17 HL's. Someday I would like to get the entire Xmas series. I have all but the 1st year. We live in Perkasie,PA and vacation at the New Jersey shore, so any HL from NJ we like. We are a big family,7 children, and we all enjoy lighthouses.
We do have 2 CSC, and 1 Lefton lighthouses, but being a QC guy, of course our favorite is HL!
Take Care,
George

George
Re: Where are you from? #132604 05/06/99 12:37 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome QC & Amber. Glad to have you both aboard. Thanks for registering and using the Collector Forums. Just keep reading and posting and pretty quickly, you'll move from "Newbie" to "WACKO" status. And be sure to try out the "Search" feature to see what might have been posted about a particular lighthouse or Harbour Lights model in the past.

------------------
0 :>) St. John of the Internet

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 05-06-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132605 05/06/99 10:16 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Hi George & Amber, ... Welcome aboard! You've come to the right spot for information about one of the greatest collectibles in the world, Harbour Lights. There's a wealth of information available within this forum. Please ask as many questions as you may need answers to. There are many people registered here that will have the best answers for you. Once again, welcome!

Bob

Re: Where are you from? #132606 05/07/99 09:01 AM
Lighthousedude Offline
Hello Bob,

I've been a collector since Sept. 1998.

I joined the Society the same month and I renewed in March of this year.

I currently have 8 Harbour Lights sculptures and my favorite (so far) is Execution Rock.

I do own 3 Lefton Lighthouses and enjoy lighting them up at night.

My plan is to own all the New York lights, then to have at least one from every Atlantic coast state. After that I hope to move on to the Great Lakes, then to the West Coast.

I've been in the forum about a month and log in at least once a day to check out what's happening.

Love to "talk" and "listen to everyone in the forum!

Re: Where are you from? #132607 05/08/99 03:11 AM
JoAnn Offline
Live in Astoria Or.Even though I'm a Newbie on the forum I'm really a HL wacko.Society member since 96 and have attended both reunions.Currently have 116 HL not counting ornaments or thumbnails.

Re: Where are you from? #132608 05/08/99 04:16 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Joann - welcome to the Forums.

Quote:
Even though I'm a Newbie on the forum I'm really a HL wacko. Society member since 96 and have attended both reunions. Currently have 116 HL not counting ornaments or thumbnails.

True WACKOs count ornaments, thumbnails, Spyglass, even an occassional GLOW or two.

Re: Where are you from? #132609 05/08/99 03:13 PM
RFoster Offline
Welcome Mike & JoAnn,

It's great to see new life joining in this wonderful forum. You'll find loads of fellow collectors who like to exchange ideas about anything and everything, not just Harbour Lights, to do with lighthouses. John has done a great job with this entire website. I look forward to hearing from you in these forums in the future.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Where are you from? #132610 05/10/99 04:00 AM
chris g Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I only own 1 HL so far (at least that it as of today)- I only purchased it last month! I was fortunate enough to discover HL at a dealer near my home and I drool over the case every time I go in! I joined the Colelctor's Society and am looking forward to my first society pieces. I own several other lights (purchased before I knew about HL) and live in Missouri (not an ocean in sight!). I guess I like lighthouses so much because there aren't any near me and they are fascinating to see while traveling. Planning a vacation to Florida in August- I'll be looking for the lights!
I'd be interested in corresponding with other collectors in the St. Louis, Missouri area- are you out there?

[This message has been edited by chris g (edited 05-10-99).]

Chris G
Re: Where are you from? #132611 05/12/99 02:00 AM
P
Polly Offline
P
Chris,

One is all it takes to get hooked. What's more important than the number of HLs you have is the fact that you enjoy HLs and lighthouses in general. It's always great to meat a new family member. Welcome aboard!

Of course the welcome applies to each(Barb, George,Amber, et al) forum "newbie". We're expanding so fast it's not easy catching you all.

Re: Where are you from? #132612 05/15/99 09:29 AM
RFoster Offline
Chris G - What part of FL are you planning to visit. If at all possible (depending on where you are in FL) stop and see Ponce Inlet Light and St. Augustine. Both are beautiful and well preserved.
My first HL was St. Augustine (after climbing the tower I had to have it). Welcome to the family of HL Lovers and good luck with your trip and with collecting (it only takes one before you're hooked).

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Where are you from? #132613 05/15/99 11:49 AM
Sunshine Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I'm very new to the forums even though I've read them several months. I've been collecting Harbour Lights since 1992. The Harbour Lights always bring memories and expectations of lights I've seen or want to see.

My first love is actually visiting and photographing lighthouses. Any one who was at the Long Beach picnic at Point Fermin, CA. probably saw one of my photo album of lighthouses. My friends and family think I'm nuts because I'll even take pictures in the pouring rain.

I think Harbour Lights does a beautiful job of capturing the true feelings evoked by seeing a lighthouse in person.

I usually keep two or three Harbour Lights on my desk at work. Everyone that comes into the office admires them and then tells me which lights they've seen and which lights I should see. It's been a great way to make new friends and bring to a few peoples attention that these beautiful lights are part of our history and should be saved.

During last fall's broadcast of the Legendary Lighthouse series on PBS, I must have had 20 people call me to say they had watched to the series because of my interest in lighthouses being shared with them. Most had only seen one or two lighthouses and now send me postcards and look for lighthouses on their vacations.

I love sharing my interest in lighthouses.

Re: Where are you from? #132614 05/15/99 01:06 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Saw your albums at the Point Fermin event! Nice mementos!!!

Glad you are now a poster and not just a lurker (but lurkers are welcome too).

I love the idea of a 'work display' of a lighthouse or two. You're right, almost everyone loves a lighthouse and it can be a great conversation starter.

A suggestion: Look into one of those glass domes than can keep inquisitive friends from picking it up.
------------------
St. John of the Internet

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 05-15-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132615 05/16/99 10:48 PM
L
LuvLights2 Offline
L
My name is Barry and I live in Portsmouth, VA. Born and raised in Virginia Beach, VA. Grew up about 8 miles from Cape Henry Lighthouse and have always been fascinated by the magnificent architecture and even more so the history and heroism behind the lighthouse. It's hard to imagine what the keepers and their families went through in the early days of the lighthouse, the hardships and the sacrifices they have endured. Committing their life, living in isolation, to keep the lights burning. I can't think of a more noble duty.
I've only recently been a collector, January 99 really, but I have 22 pieces and have 4 more on the way and add them as often as I can. I plan to have ALL of them some day. LE's that is, I don't collect the open editions. Yet anyway, maybe after I have all of the LE's.

Re: Where are you from? #132616 05/17/99 01:04 AM
L
LisaH Offline
L
I'm a Lurker turned Poster. I've visited this sight several times. In June of 1997 we vacationed in Daytona, FL and visited/climed the Ponce de Leon Inlet and St. Augustine Lighthouses. WOW....I was hooked on lighthouses and wanted to see/know more about them.

In July of that same year on my birthday, my husband gave me my first HL...Ponce Inlet!! I subscribed to be a HL member and have been collecting for nearly two years now. I have accumulated 26 lighthouses (including thubnails, ornaments, spyglass, large pieces). I have four pieces on layaway.

I received my first Lighthouse Legacy and read it cover-to-cover only to find out there was a local lighthouse club called the Smokey Mountain Flame Keepers! (I live in the Knoxville, TN area). What a great group of people! We have monthly meetings and talk about a wide variety of subjects from HL collecting to websits to endangered lighthouses, etc. We took our first annual "Lighthouse Trip" last year that started with the New Charleston Light. From there we saw: Old Charleston Light, Hunting Island, St. Simmons, Amelia Island, St. John's, Tybee and Cockspur in THREE DAYS! What fun we had. This year we are planning a 9-day trip to the lower pennisula of Michigan and plan on seeing 20-25 lighthouses.

Our club also is interested in helping restore lighthouses. Last year we had a rummage sale and also auctioned some HL pieces to raise funds. Part of our earnings have gone to help in the restoration of the Cockspur Island Light that was hammered by a hurricane last year. We are planning another auction and rummage sale this month and looking for another lighthouse to contribute to.

So you see, I'm not just a collector.....I LOVE LIGHTHOUSES! The history, architecture, stories, thrill of the climb, all of it.

Thanks to John C. and HL for providing a corner of the internet for us to come together and obsess about our passion.

Re: Where are you from? #132617 05/20/99 03:29 AM
chris g Offline
Wacko
Wacko
well, it happened- I purchased my second HL! I knew that I would- it is now like an addiction! I am thinking of ways to save my "allowance" so that I can but more HL! I'm sure that there are others like me out there- I can't be the only one affected this way!

Anyway, it's a magnificent obsession (to borrow a movie title) and I am looking forward to many years of collecting!

Oh by the way, my 2nd HL was LaJument, because my 11 year old son thought it was neat- reminded him of a fortress!

Chris G
Re: Where are you from? #132618 05/20/99 02:17 PM
LamarB Offline
Chris G, welcome to HL-dot-com. No, you're certainly not alone here. I too obsessively save and manipulate my 'allowance' for Harbour Lights purchases. I check these forums (forae?) several times most days.

HL sculptures that remind me of a fortress, check out Old Mackinac and Navesink on the catalog pages: http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/index.htm

------------------
Keepin' the flame

Re: Where are you from? #132619 05/22/99 09:11 PM
S
sCalBG Offline
S
Hi all. I live in Southern California and have just recently gotten hooked on HL. I have four now, having just picked up Cape Hatteras this morning. I keep mine at work, since we tend to have a somewhat nautical theme. If I run out of shelf space, we may have to move! Looking forward to your comments and hope to become one of the regulars (excuse me, I mean Wacko's) here.

------------------
Bill
@ @
.<.
_U_

Bill
@ @
.<.
_U_
Re: Where are you from? #132620 05/23/99 05:25 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Hi Bill, ... Welcome to the wonderful world of HLs! You will find a wealth of information at this site relating to HL collecting. Everything you need to know is listed somewhere in the forum. Don't be shy about asking questions. Some of the world's most knowledgable HL Collectors frequent this forum. They are more than willing to help out and share information.

Bob

Re: Where are you from? #132621 05/24/99 06:50 PM
RFoster Offline
Hi Bill, and welcome to the HL Family of collectors. Like Bob said, there are many knowledgeable people who visit this site on a daily basis, and who are willing to share their wealth of information.

I sure hope that you have those lighthouses at work protected from others who mean well but may want to handle them. May I suggest a couple of glass or acrylic cases just to keep the dust (and the hands) off of them.

Welcome, again, and I look forward to seeing your participation in this great hobby.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Where are you from? #132622 05/26/99 12:43 AM
S
sCalBG Offline
S
Thanks, guys. And don't worry, my office is small enough (3 of us) that I don't have to worry about my HL collection being manhandled. Just got my Society gift (Cockspur Island) today. They just keep getting better and better!

------------------
Bill
@ @
.<.
_U_

Bill
@ @
.<.
_U_
Re: Where are you from? #132623 05/31/99 08:31 PM
Wildbird99 Offline
Hi Folks,

Glad to be here!

While I had no intention of becoming a collector when I got involved with lighthouses (I have way too many collections already), it was inevitable that I'd end up down that road.

So far, I only have two HL pices: Horton Point and the 1998 Christmas Old Field light. I didn't really have a choice with the Old Field light, I only live a few miles from it and was there on Christamas night 1998. There was snow on the ground then, which adds to the authenticity of the piece.

I have several other types of lighthouse collectibles, and a host of lighthouse shirts and hats and pins and such.

Since I'm writing a book on Long Island's lighthouses and have a web site for them, I mostly collect LI lights. I believe that Execution Rocks will be my next HL acquisition.

If anyone has any of the HL Long Island lights (Montauk, Fire Island, Horton's Point, Execution Rocks, Old Field... any others?) and would like more info on the light's history, feel free to visit my site or e-mail me.

Thanks.

Bob Muller
Stony Brook, NY
wildbird99@aol.com
www.longislandlighthouses.com

Re: Where are you from? #132624 06/01/99 02:42 PM
Lighthousedude Offline
A big HELLO!! and welcome to The "Widbird".

This guy knows his stuff and will a big help to all of us Long Islanders and folks who our Long Island lights.

He has a great web site and it's well worth the visit from time to time. There is a "news" portion with dates of events and cruises.

Gald your in the Forum Bob!

Re: Where are you from? #132625 06/01/99 09:24 PM
LamarB Offline
I agree! Welcome Bob.

------------------
Keepin' the flame

Re: Where are you from? #132626 06/01/99 10:19 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome to the forums Bob! I am sure you will find a lot of interesting information at this site, along with some humor as well. I am also sure that all of us here will benefit from your knowledge of lighthouses.

Again Welcome!

-Todd

Re: Where are you from? #132627 06/01/99 10:59 PM
Wildbird99 Offline
Thanks for the welcome, all. And the kind words, Mike. One thing I've learned in my association with lighthouse folks is that they are a good bunch of people. That fact constantly shows itself.

Bob Muller
Stony Brook, NY
wildbird99@aol.com
www.longislandlighthouses.com

Re: Where are you from? #132628 06/14/99 11:30 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This thread has been a little quiet for a couple of weeks. I've seen the number of registrants increase lately since the purge of those who hadn't posted anything in a long time. If you're new to the forum, by all means say "Hi" and let us know where you are from. The people who frequent the forum are a real friendly group with many years of experience collecting and displaying Harbour Lights. I'll guarantee that if you ask a question, you will get an answer. Enjoy the forum!

Bob .

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 06-14-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132629 06/15/99 01:26 PM
Augie K. Offline
My wife and I live in New Hampshire. We have been collecting Harbour Lights Lighthouses since February 1999. We currently have 12 of them on display in our living room. Recently, over the Memorial Day weekend, we took a trip to Maine. We were able to take a 6 hour cruise around the bay in Camden, where we saw 7 lighthouses. It was a fantastic trip, we got alot of nice pictures as well.

------------------
Keep The Light Burning.

The Flame

Augie K.
NELL Member
Re: Where are you from? #132630 06/15/99 03:36 PM
Lighthousedude Offline
A big HELLO and welcome to "The Flame"!!! And an equally big hello to "Mrs. Flame" too!!!

Keep checking in here at the Collectors Forum.

You will be able to take lighthouse trips, see some fabulous photos, and see just how crazy all of us Harbour Lights collectors can be.

I have been in for a few months and I look forward to checking in everyday. It's a GREAT bunch of folks with lots to say and I've also learned a lot about collecting and lighthouses in general.

I feel like I have made some friends here.

[This message has been edited by Mike Seewald (edited 06-15-99).]

[This message has been edited by Mike Seewald (edited 06-15-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132631 06/15/99 09:10 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
Hello to The Flame. It won't be long before you're rushing home and swallowing dinner without chewing so you can get on the HL forum. Talking to all the wackos and newbies is the highlight of my day. You will cyber meet really wonderful and interesting people.

Joanne

Re: Where are you from? #132632 06/16/99 03:40 AM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi, I am from Washington state and have been collecting Harbour Lights since they came out -- have attended both reunions -- have been told my house looks like a Harbour Lights museum -- have entire collection on display in our living room !!! Have only been on internet for a few weeks now and am just starting to feel comfortable. Enjoyed my first chat room experience on June 10th thanks to Dove and Digger -- look forward to checking back in soon; this time a little earlier. Hope to hear from some fellow Washingtonians through this forum and look forward to chatting with people from other parts of the country about their lighthouse collections, experiences, etc.

Re: Where are you from? #132633 06/16/99 08:40 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome Ladybug and The Flame! I'm pleased you found us! I hope you visit the forums often. It's the best place in the world for Harbour Lights information and meeting fellow collectors.

Bob

Re: Where are you from? #132634 06/16/99 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Ladybug,

Glad you joined us. You will find many great HL collectors here and they are always willing to help out in anyway they can. Go to the last thread on the Collectors Forum and let us know all about you.

Plan on coming your way in July. Have a great thrill coming as I am doing a flyover of Burrows.
Derith

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 06-16-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132635 06/16/99 10:35 PM
R
Robert M Dick Offline
R
Hi all,

Never used this forum until tonight. See you in the chat room. A newbie, Les, should be joining us tonight. A fellow Tidewater guy. Let's make him welcome.

Moby of Tidewater Virginia

Where the flood tide is flowing again.

Moby
Re: Where are you from? #132636 06/17/99 03:17 AM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Derith,
You wanted to know a little about me ---
I was born in Atlanta and moved to Seattle in 1971. I have been married to the same guy for the past 28 years. We have two daughters and three lovely grandchildren all close by so we get to see them often. I work for the local YMCA as a child care center director/area coordinator/trainer which keeps me rather busy during the week. On the weekends and in my spare time my husband and I enjoy kiteflying and try to get to the ocean at least once a month [more often when the weather is nice]to fly our single line kites. We have a kite festival with competion coming up in July. One Saturday a month I volunteer my time at the Mukilteo Lighthouse giving tours, working in the gift shop, whatever is needed. Have been doing that for about 5 years now. You stated you were coming my way in July -- when and where will you be staying? If time permits I would be happy to take you around to some of our local lighthouses. My daughter and I spent an afternoon several weeks ago going to Point No Point, Point Wilson, Marrowstone Point, and Admiralty Head. Could also add Mukilteo to that trip as well if you are interested. Look forward to chatting with you soon.
LADYBUG

Re: Where are you from? #132637 06/17/99 08:56 AM
Lighthousedude Offline
Hello Ladybug and welcome to the forum.

Now that you are "one of us" you will come to find that you have encountered a group of people you will consider friends even though you may never meet one of us in person altough we hope you do.

Thank you for joining and hope to "hear" from you on a regular basis.

Keep the Flame

Re: Where are you from? #132638 06/17/99 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Morning Ladybug,
Thanks for responding. Some of us are getting better acquainted on the "Nothing To Do With Anything" section of the forum. It is titled, Let's Get A Better Understanding. Come and join us there and let everyone know about you.

I am coming to WA on July 10th. My friend and I have a packed agenda but it would be fun meeting you if I could. I will email you when I get home tonight as I am at school and cannot do that here.

All the lights you mentioned are in my plans.
Have you ever been out to Burrows?

Keeping the Flame,
Derith

Re: Where are you from? #132639 06/17/99 12:11 PM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks Mike for the welcome. I have already found Harbour Lights colletors to be a very friendly bunch both here on the internet and at both reunions. No Derith I have not been out to Burrows, sad to say. I was reading the other websites last night and ran accross the Nothing to Do With Anything, will probably post there too. Chat with you all later.
LADYBUG

Mike, did you get my email re Christmas pieces? Not sure that it went through

[This message has been edited by LADYBUG (edited 06-17-99).]

Re: Where are you from? #132640 06/17/99 02:12 PM
Lighthousedude Offline
Hi Ladybug,

Yes, I received your E-Mail so apparently everything is working. I sent you a reply so I should be hearing from you soon.

Mike

Re: Where are you from? #132641 06/17/99 10:15 PM
RFoster Offline
Hi Ladybug and welcome to this wonderful HL family of lighthouse lovers.

I had the good fortune to supervise a work crew of men and women working on the Carl Vinson (CVN70) back in 1992 at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. The job lasted several weeks and I was able to get around alittle and see some of the beautiful country near Seattle. Unfortunately, I wasn't into lighthouses as much as I am now (although I have always liked them). If we ever make it out to your area I would like to get some guidance from you as to the places to go to see lighthouses.

Mary Jane and I just returned from a lighthousing trip through Maine and into New Brunswick, Canada. We went 1500 miles and saw 32 different lighthouses. I have many post cards and pictures of the lights that we saw in Maine and would be happy to swap for some of the same from your area.

The kite flying sounds like fun. Have you known anyone to put a camera on the kite and get pictures from aloft?

Again, welcome to this great forum. I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Where are you from? #132642 06/18/99 01:56 AM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Ron
I think we met at the reunion in Rhode Island during one of the pre-reunion bus trips. While back there my daughter and I visited some of the lighthouses in Maine [on our own] and we both fell in love with the state. If we had to move from Washington I think Maine might be a top choice. Yes at kite festivals there are usually several people taking arial photos from their kites -- haven't seen any really good shots though -- think people are still experimenting and trying to get the right angle, etc. If you and Mary Jane get out this way would be more than happy to show you around. Would love to swap photos with you -- send me an email or post here. Take care LADYBUG

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users