Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Welcome Roland Babineau #130270 11/17/07 10:38 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome to the Forums. Let me be one of many to say hello to you. Please post and tell us about your interests in lighthouses and also include a little bit about yourself. Ask any questions that you might have as your sure to get many different answers from different points of view.

Rich
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130271 11/17/07 11:52 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome aboard, Roland! My grandparents on my mother's side of the family were Babineaus that came from New Brunswick, Canada. Do you have any relatives from that area?

smile Bob smile

Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130272 11/17/07 12:02 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Howdy Roland Babineau,

Welcome aboard. It's great to see that you have elected to join the Collector Forums. Have fun and enjoy. You will meet many interesting fellow lighthousers along the way. If you have questions, just ask. Someone is bound to know the answers or will be able to accomplish the necessary research to discover the answers.

bobo

Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130273 11/17/07 01:15 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hello Roland Babineau !!!

welcome

Hope you enjoy the CF as much as I have !!!

cheers

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130274 11/17/07 06:26 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
welcome to the forums Roland! Great to have you onboard.

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130275 11/17/07 07:52 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome Roland Babineau. Enjoy the Forums. Lots of great information and fine folks.
Bill and Judy

Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130276 11/17/07 08:24 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome to the forums.
HCS

Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130277 11/17/07 09:11 PM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Welcome to the forums Roland. Glad to have you join us.

Cyndi
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130278 11/27/07 12:23 AM
Roland Babineau Offline
Hi Everyone,
My apologies for the appearance of my being rude and ignoring all of your wonderful welcomes. I had some issues with getting a password for the forums, but Dave Hannum was very helpful and we were finally able to straighten the issue out.
Thanks to all for the welcome.
First of all, I will answer the personal notes......
To Bob M., yes I do have relatives in New Brunswick, but don't have the foggiest notion of who they are. My dad told me that we are related to people in Shediac and Bouctouche, but he never elaborated while he was alive.
To Rich, and everyone else who may be interested, allow me to give you a little bit of background on myself.
I'm originally from New Bedford, MA, and my wife and I have been living on Cape Cod for nearly 25 years. 2 grown kids, and I'm grandfather to the cutest kid on the planet!
My interest in lighthouses is immense. I'm author and editor of The Cape Cod Store.com's Lighthouse Encyclopedia, a database for lighthouse enthusiasts of nearly 350 U. S. lighthouses and growing. My goal is to have a page for every U. S. lighthouse. Once done with the U. S. lighthouses, I plan on doing the same with as many international ones as possible.
I write a blog, as well, called "Let's Talk Lighthouses", in which I write about their history, current events, opinion, or just some fun lighthouse stories.
Also, I've been known to give an occasional lecture on lighthouses to local groups here on the Cape.
Frankly, however, the main reason why I joined the forums is this....
Recently, my website, The Cape Cod Store.com, became a new retailer for Harbour Lights products. Prior to hooking up with the good people at Harbour Lights, I had only a very small amount of knowledge about the company and its products. What better way to learn how to anticipate my customers' needs and learn more about the Harbour Lights products than to listen to veteran collectors and chat with them in the forums? I believe that in order to learn anything, the best thing to do is associate with people who already have the knowledge which you are seeking.
Thanks again for everyone's warm welcome, and I'll be intently perusing throughout these forums reading posts and picking brains. From what little I have been able to read through, I have surmized that there are a number of very intellegent people who post in these forums, and I can learn so very much from all of you.

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/lighthouse_encyclopedia
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130279 11/27/07 07:35 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Roland, ...I sent you an email about my relatives on my mother's side, the Babineaus. My mother's realtives were from the Shediac area. We may be distant cousins. Small world, now isn't it!

smile Bob smile

Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130280 11/27/07 10:32 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Greetings, Roland Babineau! smile

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130281 11/27/07 11:28 PM
Roland Babineau Offline
Hi Bob,
Got your e-mail. I'll answer it ASAP, I know you're chomping at the bit!!!! Oh yeah, by the way, my wife is originally from Attleboro as well! The world is getting even smaller as we speak!

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130282 11/29/07 11:09 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
I have surmized that there are a number of very intellegent people who post in these forums
Got that right!

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Welcome Roland Babineau #130283 11/30/07 01:29 AM
Roland Babineau Offline
I sincerely meant that comment, Eric. Since I made that post I have spent some time reading a number of the threads which have been posted throughout the CF, and I can only say that I mean it even more now. I've already learned a lot from everyone here, and have passed some of that knowledge onto my existing lighthouse customers, (I've been selling other lighthouses for 3 years before recently hooking up with HL), as well as a couple of new ones. It's helped to bring at least 3 of my existing customers into the HL fold already! What I've taken from here has been a tremendous help, not only to me, but also to my customers. I can only thank every one of you for that. bow

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,681 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users