Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Calling All Newbies! #128902 07/03/00 05:50 PM
MrsTLC Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Hey there guys, if you are like me, after you discovered The Collector Forums didn't you want to know more about lighthouses! You know the best part about these posts is that when you get to the magic "50" postmark you can become a WACKO! And even better than that you can order the 2001 WACKO pin!!! And to make it even better, the $15 dollars given for your pin, part of it goes to the restoration of a lighthouse. And to add one better you can help choose your favorite lighthouse that the extra money goes to... The 2000 pins collected an extra $1200 to be given to a this great cause. The other plus to making posts is that you can make such great friends here. I was able to meet so many of the really true WACKO's at the Rosemont Convention. It didn't take long to feel part of a truly great WACKO Family. So come ye one and all and light up those lighthouses on the Forum.
A wanna-be WACKO Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Calling All Newbies! #128903 07/05/00 05:18 AM
MrsTLC Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Boy do I agree with Sean. Especially being new here to the posts it sure would be nice if I could learn more about the lighthouses that could use the restoration. You know John, living here in AZ we don't get to hear much about lighthouses. Any chance of getting a seperate post for this John? That's of course, if it isn't too much trouble.
Cousin Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Calling All Newbies! #128904 07/05/00 01:09 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I know that this topic has arisen not to long ago by DocJ44 down in the "Lighthouse Duty" forum.
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum5/HTML/000242.html

I agree with Paul's comments. I think there are already too many different forum catagories and that the proper forum for this is already in place, "Lighthouse Duty".

If we are all digilent and put our posting in the proper place, it would be easier to find information. Some posters also post the same message in multiple forums just adding to the confusion in my opinion. I know that I am just as guilty as others putting some of my posts in the wrong forum. This discussion is a good example. It should probably be down in the "Forum about this Forum".

If everyone feels that a restoration/preservation forum is needed, then that is fine. I just don't think it is all that necessary if we put posts in the proper area.

-Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey (edited 07-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey (edited 07-05-2000).]

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 641 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users