Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128580 11/23/04 04:33 AM
MelJB Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Well, the day started out sunny and the Bronco's were leading the Saints 24 to 13 when I started off to Hightower Collectibles in Colorado Springs.
By the time I reached the store, the sun was gone, I had drived through some very heavy fog, but the Bronco's were still leading the Saints. So all was right with the world!

Bill arrived fashionably dressed in his new CLCS Club shirt and his Bronco's cap!

Hightower also provided the Club with a table for our last opportunity drawing for a Cape Florida GLOW AP (again provided by Bonnie Kellogg our area HL Rep). This store is the Forums' own Dick Johnson's dealer of choice. The Club was once again represented by Bill & Judy, Dick Johnson and myself. We also got to meet face to face Forums' member Bob48 and his 2 children!

Another large crowd turned out for this event! And the event was once again duly photographed by Bill Newblom.

The lucky winner of the AP was Dick Johnson!!

And the very lucky winner of the Gold, as it was the last chance for someone in Colorado to win, was...me! laugh

Well, we were sad to see Bill leave, but we all had some things to help us remember the 2004 Bill events! 2 Golds to CLHS Club members, 2 APs to Club members, a dinner with Bill, and the Bronco's were victorious over the Saints 34 to 13 wink

Melody
Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128581 11/23/04 12:36 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Congratulations to you on winning the GOld and to Dick Johnson for winning the AP. Souns that despite the sun to fog conditions you still had a wonderful day. Glad to hear it.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128582 11/23/04 02:07 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats to the club and to our 'early bird' reporter Dick Johnson (who always seems to let us know when the latest Harbour Lights reaches his home in the Rockies!)

Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128583 11/29/04 05:40 AM
J
joe Offline
J
I was at this event purely by coincidence and won a drawing while I was there. I won a free years membership and the Cockolds, ME lighthouse, autographed by Bill Younger, no less. I was impressed by the Harbour Lights collection at the store. I may even have to consider starting a collection now. I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start with an autographed lighthouse. Well just wanted to say Thank You to Bill, Harbour Lights and Hightower Collectibles.

Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128584 11/29/04 10:25 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Careful Joe! This lighthouse stuff is very contagious. Ask anyone on the forums, they'll tell you!

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128585 11/29/04 10:47 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Congratulations to you Dick for the AP...also to Joe for the free years membership and a big congratulations goes to Melody for winning the gold cool cool How cool is that...

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128586 12/01/04 02:06 PM
MelJB Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Joe,

Congratulations on winning the HL Society Membership smile The next Colorado Lighthouse Collector's Society meeting is Dec 11 at Christ the King Episcopal church in Arvada, 7:00 pm. We love to have you come join us!

Email me for additional details!

Melody
Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128587 12/01/04 11:06 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
Melody's assessment of the event was very accurate, and I was glad to be involved in a signing like this. It was wonderful to have the involvement of the other club members Bill & Judy besides Mel. The one thing that Mel did not tell you was that the table for the CLCS was right next to the HL display and it brought out her true collecting side. I was helping Bill by unpacking pieces and handing them to him so he could share his wonderful experiences with the people there getting pieces signed uninterrupted, and Mel kept coming through the line with another piece she bought to get it signed.

I really enjoyed the attendance at the event, and found that there was a lot more interest in HL's in Colorado Springs than I had thought prior to this event. Hopefully this will entice other signing events in the "Springs" in the future, and of course it was great to win the AP, although I am envious of Mel for winning the gold. One hint for attendees at a future event. Stay within earshot of Bill as he talks to collectors. I spent two hours within a few feet of him and his wealth of information, and stories, about lighthouses is impressive. It seemed like for each piece he signed he had an intimate knowledge story to share about it, and his tales of Cape Canaveral are great. All in all I want to thank everyone involved (especially Bill) for the great event, and the wonderful experience. If I could win an AP at every event I attended, I might consider making a quest of being a HL roadie.

Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128588 12/02/04 08:39 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Does anyone have any pictures of the event to share with the rest of the forum faithful?

confused Bob confused

Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128589 12/02/04 01:36 PM
MelJB Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Pictures of the event were taken by 'Sarge' and Bill of 'Bill & Judy'. I believe the shots were with digital cameras.

Sarge has posted pictures before, but Bill & Judy have not. I know there are some directions in the Forums on Forums thread.

Sarge, Bill & Judy will you have some time to try and post a few pictures? If they have problems would someone be able to help them work them out?

Thanks!

Melody
Re: Bill in Colorado Part 3 #128590 12/03/04 01:48 AM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We'll give it a try within the week. First time so it may take a while to figure it out.
Bill

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,317 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users