cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bill Event at the LHD, Wells, ME, 09/06/03 (pictures!) #128544 09/07/03 12:03 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Here are a few pictures from the Bill Event at the Lighthouse Depot in Wells, Maine.

The first picture is yours truly with Bill. Note the Wacko Badge on my belt.

HL Rep, Tom Farrell and Bill...

Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Light Collector's Club member, Sis Merrell. Sis says, "Hi to Patty and Mike Kaiser!"

A brand new HL collector, Kevin, is introduced to Bill by Tim. Note: Kevin got hooked right away!

A quick pic of part of the crowd from Bill's point of view.

(continued in next reply)

Re: Bill Event at the LHD, Wells, ME, 09/06/03 (pictures!) #128545 09/07/03 12:07 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
And the pictures from the Bill Event at the LHD, continue!

Bill starts the drawing for great prizes!

The lovely Lorna (my bride, and please note the Wacko Badge displayed) was lucky and won a Cape Hatteras Mark Sherman Print and a Maine Lightouse book!

AND (drum roll please!) announcing the winner of the "GOLD" was Rick Korycinski of the Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collector's Club!

Here's another pic of the presentation of the "GOLD" to Rick with Sis looking on.

Bill models the latest in HL hats!

I'll post some more news about the event tomorrow, so stay tuned!

smile Bob smile

Re: Bill Event at the LHD, Wells, ME, 09/06/03 (pictures!) #128546 09/07/03 04:46 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats to the winners! And thanks for taking us along Bob. You and your bride are looking good!

Re: Bill Event at the LHD, Wells, ME, 09/06/03 (pictures!) #128547 09/07/03 08:22 AM
Kaiz Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We will now excuse Rick & Sis from missing our Club's meeting at Dunkirk. Rick really deserves that gold piece. He has been through two back surgeries and a very long recovery period this summer. Congratulations RICK!!!!

Patty & Mike

Re: Bill Event at the LHD, Wells, ME, 09/06/03 (pictures!) #128548 09/07/03 10:15 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
****MORE NEWS FROM THE LIGHTHOUSE DEPOT EVENT****

It was an absolutely gorgeous day in Maine! Lorna and I went on a long walk on Wells Beach before the event. The parking lot at the LHD was quite full and many people were moving about the store while Bill signed HL's, spoke with some new collectors, and enjoyed conversation with some of us regulars.

The regulars from the NELL Club were in Vermont on an outing and unfortunately couldn't attend. They were definitely missed. I know many of them would have loved to been at this event. It's always great when Bill comes to town.

The benefit of a smaller crowd was the fact that we had more time to "shoot the breeze" with Bill. During one of my conversations with Bill, I do believe that Bill accidently told me something he shouldn't have. He didn't back-pedal after saying it, but I do believe he didn't mean to let this particular information out. Therefore, out of respect for him and the HL organization, I will not reveal what was accidently told to me. I wouldn't want to spoil what Carly Simon sang about, "Anticipation...".

The drawings were held in a different manner than I've seen before. Bill advised the crowd of the rules and the fact he could change them at any time but would abide by his decisions. There were hundreds of entries, which means the LHD sold a lot of pieces leading up to the drawing. I even broke down and bought the Maine HB902, Portland Observatory, so I would have an entry into the drawing. I didn't want to purchase any doubles at retail.

Back to the drawings, Bill asked for a large bag and dumped all the entries into it. After more shakes than a Golden Margarita on the rocks, Bill drew one ticket at a time, folded it and placed it under each prize. Bill advised the crowd that the only prize you had to be present to win was the "GOLD". If you're name was drawn for any other prize, the LHD would ship that prize to you.

Well as luck would have it, the first winner of the "GOLD" was not present, so a new ticket was drawn. "And the winner is...RICK KORYCINSKI, from the Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collector's Club!" Rick was present and more than willing to accept his new found treasure. He probably came from the longest distance away to attend the event. Congratulations, Rick!

Everyone enjoyed the event, especially the winners (lol), and Bill charmed the crowd as usual. It was a great time for all those who attended. I have a new Harbour Lights piece for my collection, the Historic Building, Portland Observatory, HB902, Flag#731. There are only a few of HB902's left at the LHD. When I asked the sales clerk if they had any special numbers left, he advised me the only ones they had were out on the shelf. A quick look revealed about a half a dozen left. I had never seen one in person and I'm glad I added it to my collection. You can't go wrong for $54.95, especially when the purchase of this piece led to the winning of a Mark Sherman Print and a great lighthouse book. It pays to put Lorna's name on the ticket!

After the event, Lorna & I took the folks (Ma & Dad) out to eat at "Mike's Clam Shack" a few miles down Route 1 towards York Beach. What a great dinner! No wonder the parking lot was so full!

After dinner we journeyed over to Nubble Light and actually found a parking space as a guy pulled out of one right in front of me. What luck!

Even though we didn't win the "GOLD", any day involving great weather, a visit with Bill, a visit to the LHD, chatting with friends new and old, a visit to Nubble Light, a long walk on the beach, a fabulous fried clam dinner with the folks, ...need I say more?

smile Bob smile

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,581 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users