Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nancy @ Block's Hallmark in Saginaw, MI #127473 10/15/04 07:04 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
It was great to be able to get out of the house and go see Nancy at the Block’s Hallmark signing event on October 10th. I half expected to see Paul & Sue Brady there as it was right after the Lighthouse Festival in Alpena. It wasn’t a big event, but the low key nature allowed plenty of time to talk to Nancy. She had many stories from the lighthouse festival as well as some talk about the upcoming reunion and on Harbour Lights in general. I didn’t win the gold in the drawing, but I did win a Skyward Bound Balloon and a Limited Edition piece.

As we were talking about the Bodie Christmas piece for this year, Nancy stated there are many lighthouses from the South she would like to see as Christmas pieces, but Kim says the Christmas pieces need to have snow. She then told the story of when she asked Kim how they could do Bodie as a Christmas piece as it doesn’t snow there and how Kim was able to produce a photograph of the Bodie light covered in snow from a freak snowstorm. The conversation then turned to the first Christmas piece, Big Bay Point, and how Nancy thinks it is a great candidate to be made into a GLOW.

Of course I had to throw in how it would be great to see the Saginaw River Rear Range Light finally sculpted. She stated that she had other requests for that light while up at the Lighthouse Festival in Alpena. I am sure it most likely came from one of my fellow Saginaw River Marine Historical Society Members who were manning our booth there.

In the small world department, whenever I see Nancy, I always have to ask how her brother is doing as he was the principal at my high school here in Bay City, Michigan.

It was a fun event, but I didn’t see any other “Connected Collectors” there. It was funny because as I walked up, Nelson, our local HL Rep. said “Look Nancy, a Connected Collector!” I guess they see a few of us here and there smile

-Todd

Re: Nancy @ Block's Hallmark in Saginaw, MI #127474 10/16/04 08:09 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Great commentary, Todd! It is really nice to have a "Connected Collector" on scene to gather facts to share with the rest of us. Great job on getting some tips regarding future HL's!

smile Bob smile

Re: Nancy @ Block's Hallmark in Saginaw, MI #127475 10/18/04 11:21 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Well Nelson knows a bunch of "Connected Collectors" Todd as we used to see him at the collector shows in Chicago. He's a great guy. Thanks for your report Todd, nice hearing from you! smile

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,337 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users