Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126776 04/18/99 12:56 PM
S
sidd Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This late breaking report from the news room. Bill, Nancy and the reps were at the signings this weekend all by themselves since there has been no reported threads as to how the signings went. This is a sad report on this day since Bill was all over the state of Texas. We can only hope that some reports come in to show the unsubstantiated truth of this news caption.
This from Sidd at news station WHLforum.

------------------
Sidd

[This message has been edited by sidd (edited 04-18-99).]

Sidd
Re: Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126777 04/18/99 11:26 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Sidd, ...I was at the "Nancy" signing at the Marvel Shop in New London, CT yesterday (Saturday). Nancy was kept very busy signing numerous HLs. I didn't bring any with me but did have her sign my new Kilauea HL.

The owner of the Marvel Shop, Gayle, was an excellent hostess and provided refreshments for the crowd. I met a few new collectors and chatted at length with them. It was really nice to finally meet Ron & Mary Jane Foster. I had remembered seeing them at the reunion but never had the pleasure of speaking with them.

I was also pleasantly surprised when I received an email message from Ron telling me that I had won a prize shortly after I left the store. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick it up when I'm in CT for the New England Harbour Lights Club meeting next Saturday.

Great time at these signings...if you've never been to one, do yourself a favor and try to attend. You will enjoy it!

Bob

Re: Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126778 04/21/99 01:19 AM
S
sidd Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bob, sounds like a great day especially when shared with friends. I haven't been to an event yet only because there is not a whole lot close to me but I do plan to make a trip once little league is over...
P.S. Let us know what your prize was (If it was a Coquille, I'm yelling "fixed!")

------------------
Sidd

[This message has been edited by sidd (edited 04-20-99).]

Sidd
Re: Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126779 04/25/99 05:30 AM
RFoster Offline
Bob must be busy working on the house project and hasn't gotten back here to post the news that it was a "Pemaquid" that he won from the MARVEL SHOP. I strongly recommend that you attend an event, if you haven't done so yet. It is always a pleasure to meet fellow lighthouse enthusiasts and get a chance to talk with anyone from Harbour Lights.

Ron

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126780 04/25/99 09:48 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Oops...sorry, Ron...I did forget to post what I won. I won Pemaquid Point, ME, HL 164. What a great surprise! The Marvel Shop is shipping it to me, and I'm hoping Nancy signed it.

It was great to get down to the signing and meet some of our fellow HL collectors, then to win such a great prize... it doesn't get any better than that!

Well got to get back to the projects. The contractor will be here tomorrow morning to get started on the 20 X 24 Harbour Lights Room. You just can't have enough room for all those curios filled with HL's...LOL!

Bob

Re: Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126781 04/26/99 07:14 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Bob -- please post some progress photos on the new Harbour Lights Chapel ala JTimothyA's new house.

Re: Bill, Nancy and Reps by themselves #126782 04/26/99 09:01 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
First let me assure you I'm no computer genius, therefore, I don't think I'll be able to post pictures at this site. Work has begun and should be completed in 8-10 weeks. My better half has already started looking at lighthouse wallpaper borders. At least she is thinking along the same lines as me. The unfortunate part is the construction will be completed right at the begining of the peak boating season. This may put off the interior decorating until after Labor Day. Time will tell I guess.

Bob

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,438 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users