On 9/10/99, Bill Younger appeared from 1800 hours to approximately 2015 hours, at the Wooden Horse in Narragansett Rhode Island. It was a terrible weather night. Much of the Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts area received 5-7 inches of rain. Needless to say, the HL collectors still ventured out to spend some time with Bill.

Narragansett is approximately 48 miles from my home and would normally take about an hour to get there. Unfortunately, the inclement weather extended my trip to 2 1/2 hours. I thought I was going to be there early. Instead I didn't arrive until 1945 hours.

The folks from the Wooden Horse put on fabulous refreshments consisting of veggies with dip, fresh fruit with dip, lots of pastries and coffee. Since I didn't arrive until just before the end, I really don't know exactly how many people attended. I do know that for the 1/2 hour I was there, Bill signed a lot of HLs. He also answered all questions asked by the collectors in his "round-about" way.

There was a raffle consisting of a Cape Henry LE, a few Mark Sherman Prints, HL Sweatshirt, HL coffee mugs, and another item or two that have slipped my mind.

I wasn't a lucky winner but I was happy to have my Kilauea now signed by both Bill & Nancy. When I asked Bill to sign the same piece Nancy signed, he wrote "B &" next to Nancy's "N. Younger". Then he did sign "B. Younger" below her name. So now my Kilauea is signed "B & N. Younger" plus "B. Younger 99". I guess that makes it somewhat different from a regular signature.

Great time was had by all the folks I spoke with and observed at this signing. If you've never been to a "signing" don't pass up the chance to go and meet Bill, or Nancy. They are great people!

Okay, Digger, I've done my duty!

Bob