Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bill event - Lenexa, Kansas #126384 04/10/01 01:14 PM
K
Kevin Offline OP
OP Offline
K
For this landlocked landlubber, the Bill signing event on April 8 in Lenexa was GREAT! As my first HL event since Providence, I relished the feeling rejuvenation in Harbour Lights, including talking with Bill, meeting other collectors, seeing the great selection of new pieces, and buying Yerba Buena. My Mom was able to join my wife and I, and Bill was his typical fascinating self in immediately interesting her in a story about the stairway construction at Cape Canaveral. Since Mom has been generous in buying several pieces for me, I'm sure she enjoyed the event as much as I did. The host store, Past & Presents, also did a fine job hosting the event.

Bill also spoke about how he photographs the lighthouses from the air using a 300mm and 500 mm lens, his upcoming trip to Scotland, and some of the interesting lights along the Washington coast (where we hope to vacation soon). Thank you to Harbour Lights, Bill, and the contributors to the Forums for helping those of us far from a coast stay connected with the world of lighthouses!

Re: Bill event - Lenexa, Kansas #126385 04/12/01 01:41 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Kevin,
Glad that your family was able to attend this event and have some quality time with Bill. It is always fun listening to his stories and the bits and pieces of lighthouse history that he shares. I hope that you were able to identify several "wish list" pieces for your mother to add to her shopping list.

Dave

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,420 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users