cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nancy Event, Annapolis, MD #126243 09/22/02 12:34 AM
Larry Offline OP
OP Offline
We just returned from our first Nancy event at the Bay Traders (formerly the Golden Gull) in Annapolis, MD. What a sweetheart of a woman!

I was hoping to buy the Absecon, NJ piece tonight, but they were unfortunatly out of it, so I bought Sister Island instead. For those new here and don't know it, our own Sue Lefever, aka 'mombo', selected Sister Island when she won the 'Register and Win' contest. GREAT CHOICE, Sue! I'm glad they were out of Absecon. It is already my favorite piece in my small collection.

Anyway, the crowd was small. Bill was just down the coast in Virginia Beach at the joint meeting of the Chesapeake Chapter and Outer Banks Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society. I guess a lot of people were there instead. Oh well, to our advantage....

I was fortunate enough to win the "one size fits all" shirt. It fits me alright! I'm 5'10", 155 pounds. My new shirt is a size 3XL! Look for it on ebay soon.

My daughter Kristin won a Society membership kit.

The winner of the Gold Mark Twain was a fellow named Tim Rawley (Raliegh?)(I think).

From comments that I heard, I don't think he's a regular collector. Maybe he is now. I wonder if he knows exactly what he won?

Nancy took the time and chatted with our kids. She was impressed with their enthusiasm for the lighthouses.

When I told her that the next time I saw her, I hoped she was signing my Mispillion, DE piece, she had my wife write it down for her to remember. Then we discussed how it was now gone, and that if she needed pictures, I had them from just about every angle. She took my name and email address. I have my fingers crossed and hope to hear from her soon...

Re: Nancy Event, Annapolis, MD #126244 09/23/02 12:38 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Larry, I'm glad that you like Sister(s) Island, even if it was your 2nd choice! smile

What really made me laugh was the shirt you won. I won that same size at a club meeting we had a while back. I think I.O. and I could both wear it at the same time! Too bad as it's a really nice shirt.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,466 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users