OP Offline
D
Bill Younger will be signing!

Date: Sat. Sept. 25, 1999
Dealer: The Allovio Gallery
Roseville, CA
Phone: 1-800-257-3930
Time: 12-2

EVENT SPECIAL KILAUEA AVAILABLE!! RESERVE YOURS EARLY!

There is a limit of 2 HL from home that can be signed, in addition to the EVENT SPECIAL.

Take the Douglas Blvd exit from I-80. (not Business 80)Roseville is near Sacramento.

I will be attending, with my name badge on! Anyone else attending? Be there early-there is a Looney Toons event going on from 10-6 the same day!!

Map:
http://www.expediamaps.com/results.asp?S...TE=CA&ZIP=95661

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 09-13-99).]

Re: Sept.25, Roseville, CA-BY event! #124591 10/01/99 02:04 AM
D
Dove Point Light Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mom and I arrived in Roseville at 10:00-2 hours before the signing. It's about 120 miles away from her house, so we wanted to be sure we didn't get there late-the Kilaueas were waiting! BY arrived about an hour early and signed things for the store, hidden away in back. Roger, the rep, was out setting up for the signing. Soon others started coming in. I got 2 of my HLs signed and had my Kilauea signed too. Mom had her Kilauea signed. I told BY how it was her first HL-how I had asked him for Kilauea in 95 and had promised to buy her one if he ever made it. And there we were! I hung around the table and chatted with other collectors and BY while he signed. One couple hand carried their HL from across the street where they lived-without the box! They just grabbed them off the shelf and hoofed it across a very busy street and a large parking lot! I'd be afraid I'd trip on the curb and drop one! BY had alot of interesting things to say, and talked a great deal about the new Pharos collection by Younger and Associates. More and more people arrived, but no fellow wackos. I had my wacko Rosemont badge on, hoping that maybe another wacko would arrive! No luck there. However, I did have luck in other areas that day-BY gave me an embroidered HL tee-shirt, and then there was the drawing. We hung out till the end of the signing, gleaning snippets of info from BY and Roger. The grand prize was Morris Island, Now. Sure enough, as I had hoped, Mom won it! The owners of the store came over and photographed us and everyone congratulated her. Now she can never again say she has never won anything! It was a great event, met alot of nice people, and as usual, BY was full of tales. I bet he even talks in his sleep! Oh, there were cookies and lemonade or something-Mom brought it to me because I wouldn't give up my spot next to BY for anything!

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,086 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users