Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NJ Regional #124562 04/01/02 07:13 PM
K
kdebello Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My wife and I have recently started to collect Harbour Lights. What has started as only one "hey, that looks nice" present, has turned into a filled curio of lighthouses.

I see the event in in Berkeley Hts, and we just happen to live there!! My question is what goes on at these events? How long does it last? Who can go, and what do we need to do to attend, even if for just a short while?

Thanks,
Kevin DeBello

Re: NJ Regional #124563 04/01/02 07:30 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome to the Forums, Kevin...

Regional Events are a few hours of fun with fellow Harbour Lights collectors and with Bill Younger, CEO.

Bill is one of the genuine "Good Guys" and brings lots of information and fun to events.

He'll sign Harbour Lights for you and there will be a number of Lighthouse related groups with small table displays. This includes Harbour Lights collector clubs and others.

It's a good chance to meet fellow collectors -- and you're in that important stage of your collecting that you need to know there are a bunch of other people out there just as 'Wacko' as you are about collecting Harbour Lights.

No charge. But Call Harbour Lights at 800-365-1219 and let them know how many will be coming in your group. The official time is about 2 hours. But sometimes collectors will get together afterwards for drinks and/or a dinner nearby.

If this year's Regionals are like last year's, there will also be some games to play and chances to win lighthouses based on simple games of skill.

There is a unique Regional 'Event Exclusive' for 2002 - Fort Tompkins NY Shown in it's Spring finery. Other regionals will have the same lighthouse, but the sculpture will be shown in different seasons.

Your local dealer may have this piece for you -- it will NOT be for sale at the actual event.

I'd encourage you to go! AND to introduce yourself to other collectors -- especially the ones wearing "Harbour Lights Wacko" lanyards with unique name badges that feature a photo of Southeast Block Island RI.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 04-01-2002).]

Re: NJ Regional #124564 04/01/02 08:27 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Kevin,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you found us in time for the Regional.

You can get a great bit of info just by reading the other threads in this forum. It list some of the groups, etc you can expect to find at the Regional.

Stop in you'll find that the people involved on this list and with this company are great people to spend time with.

Try it, you'll like it.

Dennis

Re: NJ Regional #124565 04/03/02 02:02 AM
RFoster Offline
Kevin, I hope that we see you at the Regional Event. I'll be the guy with a graying beard, ponytail and suspenders behind the New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL) table. Stop by and introduce yourself to MJ (my wife) and I, we'll be wearing our Wacko Badges, which John mentioned above.

Ron & MJ
(CT Keepers)

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users