Too windy outside to do much today but didn't matter anyway. Today was our day for a visit from Bill here in central Indiana. I was able to convince my wife that we should go to both the Indianapolis area signing events. I am sure the payback will be significant when the time comes, especially since the day involved purchase of 4 new lights.

First event was at Cynthia's Hallmark in Greencastle. Got there about an hour into the event, and the first comment from my daughter was the line sure looked long inside. We went ahead and loaded up and headed in. The wife got into line and the kid and I went to check out the stock. We had decided to but her an Alcatraz GLOW since she is fascinated with the light and island. None out at that point.

Went to the counter to get an event piece and about went into cardiac arrest. On the counter were six lights- LE Big Red (Holland), LE Cape Canaveral, Michigan City, Tawas Point, LE Alcatraz, Colchester. First thought thru my mind was "I wonder how much she will let me get away with buying???" Crashed big time when I learned that you got an entry into the lottery to buy one each time you made a purchase (and a free one for attending).

When we got up to Bill he was his usual pleasant self. Since my daughter has a fascination with finding the seahorses we had prompted her to question Bill on why he included one on each piece (knowing he would deny it.) Then followed up with "then it must have been Bob who did it". He did admit that Bob was a real "rascal" in his early years. He also slipped Heather a thumbnail of SE Block. Still haven't heard the end of that since we didn't get a thumbnail!

Did get the chance to meet Myron Snyder and his spouse in line with us and also Saint Paul & wife Sue. Got another load of lights signed and listened to our names not get called for the lighthouse lottery (same luck as the Hoosier Lttery). I was very surprised that Big Red was about the 3rd or 4th light chosen by the selected folks. Nice event, good crowd, pleasant hosts.

Oh, by the way - I didn't see it when it was out, but someone brought in a Cape Hatteras. Paul was working to set up a photo shoot. I'm sure he will fill in details.

On down the road to Greenwood where Diversions has a beautiful store. Had a number of retired pieces, and did buy Tawas and Cana Island. Got the rest of existing lights we had brought signed. Bill remembered my daughter. Actually got her flustered enough that she didn't speak. He made a comment about "must be the good looking lighthouse guy". After about 10-15 seconds it sank into Heather that Bill had spoken to her and she turned towards him with a "huh?". So much for the good looking lighthouse guy. Great folks at Diversions.

Made for a long day; about an hour and a half each way and 30 minutes or so between events. However, it was a great day with two very nice stores and very enjoyable events. Got four new lights, including two very retired ones. Daughter got a thumbnail and enjoyed speaking with Bill. Wife will come up with major payback from either Longaberger or Boyds or combination. It was worth it!

Dave