Next Thread
Print Thread
San Diego Regional Event - Part 2 #124289 07/29/03 03:28 PM
JJ Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
This will continue the discussion found in part 1 -here:
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000342
I got back last night from my incredible trip to San Diego. This was my first chance to spend any time there, and I can see why folks like the area. It was also my first visit to Harbour Lights Office in El Cajon.
We had a great time, starting with a dinner with Maureen and ending watching a sunset over the Pacific at Sunset Cliffs. We had the chance to spend time with some of our favorite Wackos, Saints, and HL staff members, as well as the Younger family. As usual, HL was super generous, and as a result, I had to stop and mail a box back home via Fed Ex because it all wouldn't fit on the plane. I even had the pleasure of meeting Tori Dawn ( Bill and Nancy's Daughter, and Harry's wife) for the first time.
Thanks to The Youngers and Harbour Lights for a great weekend. And thanks to all those Wacko's and Saints for making it so much fun to hang out with this crew.

Re: San Diego Regional Event - Part 2 #124290 07/29/03 10:25 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have to agree with all the other comments written about the event. It was fantastic. There were lots of nice prizes and lots of fun and games.

Everyone that attended was given a Bald Head GLOW along with the event button and raffle ticket. We were all given 5 (or maybe 6) tickets for chances to play games and win lighthouses. They were giving away Little Lights, Cape Florida GLOW, and Guardians of the Night to the game winners.

I griped about the long drive to San Diego but I was glad to have my car to bring home my prizes. laugh

I had my raffle ticket pulled out and won a Grand Traverse, MI that was Bill Younger's (#10).

The Younger's put on a first class party!

Re: San Diego Regional Event - Part 2 #124291 07/29/03 11:22 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Ok, let me chime in. IT WAS AWESOME!!! I have never met a better group of people!! Bill, Kim and Company did an incredible job and were very, very generous! It was my first regional and I was amazed! Thanks to everyone that supported Desert Lightkeepers! I'm hoping to make the LI regional and spend more quality time with some terrific people!
Thanks Harbour Lights!!!!!

Jim
Re: San Diego Regional Event - Part 2 #124292 07/30/03 02:28 AM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Some photos of the HL San Diego event from the the Abbott's. A big Texas Thank You to Harbour Lights for putting on another fantastic event!!

You should know the couple in this first one.

A few shots of the pie eating contest. After a little muscle warmup for one of the more "mature" entrants. everyone got down to business. Some of these folks were up to their eyeballs in pie.

Even time for a quick snooze!!

Tom & Joyce
Re: San Diego Regional Event - Part 2 #124293 07/31/03 01:48 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Nice job, Tom on the pictures!! It was great seeing and spending some time with you two again.. I can't quite place the couple in the first image... they do look familar though!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users